Is the name Brackyn for a girl tacky?

I am having trouble with my boyfriend trying to pick our names for our kids. We were thinking Brackyn but then it might be a little tacky. Help please?

emmiej

Asked by emmiej at 11:59 PM on May. 30, 2011 in Baby Names

• Isn't it boys name ????
    MMXI

Answer by MMXI at 12:02 AM on May. 31, 2011

• not really tacky, just kinda ugly
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 12:02 AM on May. 31, 2011

• um...it isn't a boys name according to me
    emmiej

Comment by emmiej (original poster) at 12:04 AM on May. 31, 2011

• That's not a name. Why would you name a baby that?? It doesn't make any sense.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 12:09 AM on May. 31, 2011

• Brackyn makes me think of a mess of bushes and stuff on the side of the road.

I'm not trying to be mean at all, but I really do think y'all can come up with something a LOT better. Look for Teresa Norman's "A World of Baby Names" there is literally 30,000+ names in there from cultures ALL around the world, up to and icluding, Mythological names.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:10 AM on May. 31, 2011

• LIKE BOBBY BRACKIN? nah not cute
    myownhappiness

Answer by myownhappiness at 12:12 AM on May. 31, 2011

• I agree with the PP. It does sound like a mess of bushes and other yard waste :( I'm sorry.
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 12:12 AM on May. 31, 2011

• Afterthought: My husband and I, individually, sat down with that book and wrote a list of names we each liked for a boy and a girl. Then we sat down together and swapped lists. If I didn't like a name on HIS list I could cross it off, and same with him. We also had veto power. If I really liked a name he crossed off I could veto him and keep it on my list. Then we just kept whittling down the list of names until we had one we both liked. It took us, not counting searching through the book, an afternoon to agree.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:13 AM on May. 31, 2011

• kids might call her Krackyn (the sea monster)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on May. 31, 2011

• If YOU think it's tacky, then don't use it. But none of our opinions should really matter when it comes to naming your baby. What inspired y'all to come up with Bracken?
    AmourSpork

Answer by AmourSpork at 12:18 AM on May. 31, 2011