$100 I have for groceries

Make a menu and tell me what I can feed my family on that amount,theirs 4 teenagers and two adults. They will need breakfast lunch and dinner and some snacks. I can go to walmart,smiths,fresh foods,harmons,winco,macys...I have no coupons either. And base it off HEALTHY meals please. Thank You Much!!♥

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on May. 31, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Spaghetti and other pastas. They are cheap and filling. Otherwise I have NO idea how you can feed 6 people on $100. I'm a family of 4, and even with being frugal and buying JUST the necessities (bread, eggs, milk, cheese) and the few extras for our meals for a week we're at that $100 limit.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:18 AM on May. 31, 2011

• $100 a week for 6?

Breakfast: Cereal Box, Milk, Bananas, Berries
    Lunch: Rice with chicken. Spaghetti with tomato sauce. I would buy beans the dried ones soak then overnight and make chili beans. Buy cilantro, lettuce for a simple salad. Cilantro is a very good green.
    Dinner: Make apple pie. And some lasagna.

MMXI

Answer by MMXI at 12:28 AM on May. 31, 2011

• breakfast.... oatmeal, pancakes,eggs
    lunch...sandwiches like tuna,grilled cheese peanut butter and jelly, tuna or chicken pasta salad
    dinner get a roast or chicken big enough to make 2 meals out of, buy the large sacks of potatoes you can bake or grill extra and then use leftovers to fry up with eggs . make a large meatloaf and the next day make meatloaf sandwiches pasta and meat sauces go along way.
    buy veggies in large frozen bags the cans are to costly. buy a bunch of fruit and cut up in an ice cream pail and they can get what they want when they want also good for cutting up veggies and have ranch dressing for a dip.
    by store name brands and buy your bread from a thrift bakery
    one thing I do is go through local ads and make meals and add the cost and make a list.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on May. 31, 2011

• for how many days?
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:33 AM on May. 31, 2011

• That sounds like a family life class project from back in middle school :-)

Let's see, start with vegetables - a few heads of romaine, a few of tomatoes, a pound of carrots, an onion - for enough salad for every dinner. That's about $10, but gets you enough greens for every night.

For breakfasts get two boxes of cereal - store brand raisin bran and corn flakes - and a gallon of milk, plus a bunch of yogurts and bananas. Get 18 eggs and a loaf of bread so you can have hot breakfast one day of scrambled eggs and toast, plus a breakfast casserole for a Saturday brunch. Call that another $15.

For dinners try a chili with cornbread one night, a pasta dish one night, pork chops with apple sauce, chicken stirfry with rice, kielbasa with rice, and mexican night.

Snacks - make up a batch of black bean/corn salsa (less than $5 makes 2 qts) and a bag of tortillas for $2. Buy a pack of Chillie Willie pops for $2.
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 12:38 AM on May. 31, 2011