Manufactured homes

My home gets really really hot and my swamp cooler is in need of repair. What are some ways to keep it cooler? Is their anything I can apply to my windows that would help? Maybe a really dark window tint,or those things that keep the sun odd your windshield?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on May. 31, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Another idea for a swamp cooler: 2+ gallon jugs of water/ice, a baking sheet to catch condensation, an oscillating fan. Place frozen jug behind fan, on baking sheet, and turn fan on.

The other thing that helped us a little when we were living in an uninsulated Hellhole of a house was to keep all curtains closed and the house as dark as possible until the sun was not shining directly into windows. Also keeping as many windows open as possible with window fans on high. Have some facing into the house, some out of the house to try and create your own draft.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:22 AM on May. 31, 2011

• If you can open the windows at night then close them in the morning and yes the tinted window clings do work I use them and also insulated curtains until the sun goes over the house then I open the curtains and the windows are tinted so it filters any other light but can still see outside
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on May. 31, 2011

• wow genius ideas thanks!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:26 AM on May. 31, 2011

• darks shades and maybe a window air conditioner
    critter_boo

Answer by critter_boo at 9:10 AM on May. 31, 2011

• a window air conditioner would help. Dark window tint would help too.
    dixiegurl223626

Answer by dixiegurl223626 at 9:50 AM on May. 31, 2011

• Thermal curtains, maybe.
    ceciliam

Answer by ceciliam at 10:37 AM on May. 31, 2011

• I would get some good blinds that keeps the sun out. I would keep the blinds closed until the sun isnt shining through your windows. Keeping your house as dark as possible can make a huge difference.
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 11:38 AM on May. 31, 2011

• I bought some great thermal lined drapes for the hot areas of my house last summer and they work surprisingly well. They were pretty inexpensive at Target.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 8:04 PM on May. 31, 2011

• the thermal drapes and open them at night and close during the day.
    aj23

Answer by aj23 at 11:21 PM on May. 31, 2011