HELP! is this normal?

Need quick advice. I am just about 13 weeks pregnant, and am having bad pains down there. Some are more crampy, and some feel really sharp. Im also having a little bit of spotting. Ive had it all day and its just not going away. I hate calling drs in the middle of the night for it just to be nothing, so i was hoping maybe you could help. IS this normal, or should I go get it checked out.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on May. 31, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Any bleeding or cramping should be reported. Didn't your doctor say that?
    I remember spotting a little bit when I was pregnant. But I didn't have the pain. So it would be a good idea to call the doctor.
    MMXI

Answer by MMXI at 12:31 AM on May. 31, 2011

• I would, at the VERY least call your doctor. If YOU think it's important then it IS. A GOOD doctor won't mind. I know I've called mine for things like my 2 year old kid fell off her bed into her pile of board books, landing flat on her back.....what do I do now? The doctor would give me things to look out for and signs that I should bring her in. They've heard/seen it all and (the good ones) don't mind you calling. They would rather be safe than sorry, just like you.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:33 AM on May. 31, 2011

• i would call your docter asap i had that felt like he was pulling my back bone out but no bleeding good luck
    tjmommy2010

Answer by tjmommy2010 at 12:41 AM on May. 31, 2011

• I called my doctor in the middle of the night just because I had a serious cold and couldnt sleep and I needed to know what I could take and help me sleep. You should call ASAP and if no one answers head to the ER. It could very easily be a miscarriage.
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 12:44 AM on May. 31, 2011

• I had the same thing and i talked it over with my doctor and found out that it is called Round Ligament Pain. Which occours when your mucles down there are expanding due to the pregnancy. Laying on your left side can increase blood flow and decrease the pain. Talk to your doctor about this and do some research, it helped me out a lot when i learned about this.
    LeightonsMom924

Answer by LeightonsMom924 at 1:09 AM on May. 31, 2011

• is this a real question? everyone knows to call their doctor right away for any bleeding or spotting accompanied with pain..
    CEWarsop

Answer by CEWarsop at 2:01 AM on May. 31, 2011

• CALL! Doctors get paid a lotand expect to get calls in the middle of the night. I agree with Campbell if you can't get the dr go to the ER. Much better safe than sorry.
    blackisbetter

Answer by blackisbetter at 3:58 AM on May. 31, 2011

• it can be normal, if ur concerned call ur ob
    Jssg1986

Answer by Jssg1986 at 6:31 PM on May. 31, 2011

• **UPDATE**

I went to ER, and baby is fine. They arent 100% sure what caused the spotting but babys heartbeat was great and was moving around during the ultrasound. So even tho I didnt get answers, baby is fine, and i am relieved
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:06 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I'm glad your baby is ok.
    Jerichos_Mommy

Answer by Jerichos_Mommy at 4:38 AM on Jun. 5, 2011