*stupid question* wanting to buy a house

other than a loan or paying the whole lump sum in one day how else can i get a house? --Im just wondering....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on May. 31, 2011 in Money & Work

• Contact Housing Authority. They offer programs for first time home buyers.
    Do you belong to an Union? Unions have legal aid and information for the members on how to start planning for the purchase of a new home.
    MMXI

Answer by MMXI at 12:35 AM on May. 31, 2011

• Unless you have someone who gives you a home, a home loan is your best bet. If your military, active or retired, you can get a loan through the VA with much better interest rates. You can also find foreclosed homes in your area real cheap.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:36 AM on May. 31, 2011

• Some people will do a rent-to-own on a house, but you have to be careful with those.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on May. 31, 2011

• Actually this is a very smart and intelligent question, people are not aware that there are many many grants out there, and it is because people do not ask that they dont know, So just because you did ask I have your blessing, There are government grants that give you up to 70,000 dollars down payment to buy your first home, there are actually several grants, I do credit repair in my state (florida) and currently there are 3 grants right now, for people to buy homes, and I help them get it. You need to look around in your area for the housing office and ask for the s.h.i.p program, and go from there, for example, in kissimmee florida you would go to (osceola.org) and you will need to sign up for a minimal fee of 5.00 attend 4 classes and you are on your way.. I hope that helped, if you would like you can message me and we can speak further.. good luck and happy house hunting.
    pook003

Answer by pook003 at 1:26 AM on May. 31, 2011