Divorce, did you leave him everything?

For divorced Mamas, Did you leave him everything when it happened? What did you ask for? Did you ask for child support, did you have to go to court, or were you able to set up an agreement out of court?

Luisa621

Asked by Luisa621 at 12:38 AM on May. 31, 2011 in Relationships

• Leave him everything???? HELL NO. Of course I got child support through the courts--that is the right of the CHILD to be supported by both parents. You owe it to your child/ren to do that in every case. Be fair but get what you and your children need.
    blackisbetter

Answer by blackisbetter at 2:32 AM on May. 31, 2011

• yes I did, I didn't want the memories but looking back I should have done things different as far as the financials
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 12:49 AM on May. 31, 2011

• Pretty much.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 12:46 AM on May. 31, 2011

• I'm not divorced... But, when DH got divorced from his ex-wife, she took EVERYTHING but a mattress, his couch set, his tv, his clothes and a few kitchen supplies (this includes EVERY SINGLE PICTURE they had of my SD--so he has nothing from her as a baby). They came to an agreement out of Court, which included CS, but she never followed it (they were to have 50/50 custody, but she moved 1000+ miles away and took SD with her).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:59 AM on May. 31, 2011

• my ex husband and i agreed on a different amount then what he should be paying for child support only because he's going back to school almost full time. i did take the really big tv we had cause i got it with my credit card. thats all i took
    CEWarsop

Answer by CEWarsop at 1:25 AM on May. 31, 2011