Circumcision of 2yr old

My 2 yr old son had to be circumcised due to medical reasons 5 days ago and i was wondering how do i know if it is healing properly? An i have been coating his diaper in vaseline. Now he no longer has pain when he moves and he can walk around normally but will the vaseline hinder the healing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on May. 31, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• What did the doctor say?
    When a patient is discharge doctors usually give instructions and precautions.
    MMXI

Answer by MMXI at 1:21 AM on May. 31, 2011

• *discharged
    MMXI

Answer by MMXI at 1:22 AM on May. 31, 2011

• My sister had her son cicumcised as a newborn and the doc said the vasilen was just to keep the wound from sticking to the diaper. Think how bad that would hurt to be peeled off!
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 1:23 AM on May. 31, 2011

• The vasilen wont hurt it's just to keep it from sticking, you should only have to worry if it starts to bleed or he is in pain again. At least thats what my doc said when I was discharged with my LO.
    fritobaby04

Answer by fritobaby04 at 1:34 AM on May. 31, 2011

• He should be fine, sounds as if he is anyway.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 3:16 AM on May. 31, 2011

• The discharge papers don't say much of anything....i found out about the vaseline from my cousin after my son was laying on the couch unable to move....i think his urologist is a idiot b/c after the surgery he basically told me nothing. Thats another topic though.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:49 AM on May. 31, 2011

• I agree with the other moms, its just to keep it moist and not stuck to the dipaer. However just like anything else that may not be healing correctly, just look for discoloration, and oozing puss.
    Xtina0828

Answer by Xtina0828 at 8:51 AM on May. 31, 2011

• Vaseline won't hinder the healing process, it will just ensure that skin won't stick to the diaper.

On a side note, if he's not saying it hurts at this point it probably doesn't.
    kmqw229

Answer by kmqw229 at 12:28 PM on May. 31, 2011

• The stitches feel out today yay! I talked 2 his doctors office an the nurse actually got pissed b/c was was using vaseline and not neosporin. Thing is even with the neosporin his pp still stuck 2 his diaper....BUT they don't care about that i guess. Whatever i've still been putting the neosporin on twice a day...effing b*tch ticked me off. BTW thank u all for ur answers
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:31 PM on May. 31, 2011