I need to lose 50 pounds...why is it so hard to make the good choices?

I want to lose weight so bad but apparently not bad enough. When it comes time to make a food choice, I choose the bad options....ugh!

huntin_mama

Asked by huntin_mama at 1:27 AM on May. 31, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I know EXACTLY how you feel! I even buy the good options, have them sitting in my house, but then just waddle back to the store to get the crap. It's so hard. I took pictures of myself in shorts and just a sports bra and was like wow, I have let myself go, so I look at it everytime a craving hits and it usually helps. I also have a goal in mind, other than weight loss. I have family photos on July 3rd, so I am trying to get in shape for that. Good Luck, we both need it!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:32 AM on May. 31, 2011

• It can be really hard but don't get discouraged. Make small changes. Its so much easier to do a little at a time and its more likely to stay with you. I have been trying to change something every week. Maybe try to give up pop or switch to wheat pasta. The little things count!
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 1:31 AM on May. 31, 2011

• I'm in the same boat
    myownhappiness

Answer by myownhappiness at 1:30 AM on May. 31, 2011

• I know what you mean. I love my carbs. Have you ever hear of the HCG diet? Look into it. I tried it because my mom and sister did and they were successful. I lost 22 lbs and so far I've maintained it. Read up on it, because the way it works makes a lot of sense. :0) Good luck to you!

Work for yourself...not by yourself. Learn more http://www.internetceomoms.com/tools4mom
    tools4mom

Answer by tools4mom at 1:46 AM on May. 31, 2011

• Well the first step is to make sure those bad choices aren't in the house to begin with. Don't worry the kids don't NEED the over processed crap either, they will survive, even if they complain about it at first.

I also think tracking your calories in a food journal or online site like sparkpeople or myfitnesspal is a good idea. We hate the idea of seeing it in writting and tracking those calories, it makes it a little bit easier to make the smart choice.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:40 AM on May. 31, 2011

• For me- at first it helped not to have bad options around. And if I did, to make sure I had good options too. ie) instead of cookies or chips, I could have a piece of gum. Totally easy to carry around and it pretty much stopped the cravings right there. You could carry around carrot sticks, or something like that too.

Now 4 months into it, I've learned how to have things like chips, or a cheese burger- just in moderation. I've managed to stick to a 1200 calorie diet even with those things in my life. I do simple things like half a serving of chips- no mayo, and half the bun on the cheese burger. Thin crust veggie pizza with a red sauce... things like that.

That might not work at the beginning when you're still learning to control your appetite, but I do think that those 'bad' foods are okay in a small amount and on occasion.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 11:05 AM on May. 31, 2011