When will it stop?

had a full miscarriage last night.. the pain was so much i had to go to the urgent care and they also transferred me to the hospital after the baby came out.. i don't like calling it a fetus cause to me it was my baby.. but they gave me three shots of pain meds and they made sure all the pregnancy tissue was out, only thing left is blood. but the pain is still really bad.. how long will it take for it to go away.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on May. 31, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I am so sorry for your loss. And it is your baby not a fetus. When I have had two miscarriages. The first one I had to have a D & C and the pain lasted for a while but it wasn't horrible and they gave me some pain killers. With the second one I had it natually and the pain stopped almost imediately after the baby came out, but it came out all in one piece, the baby was still inside the amniotic sack and the placenta was attached. I really feel your pain and will be praying for you.
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 2:02 AM on May. 31, 2011

• mine was also in one piece but they wanted to make sure there was nothing left inside. the pain is less then what it was last night but i still hurt really bad i'm still having really bad cramps
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:06 AM on May. 31, 2011

• I also lost 2 babies -- early in my pregnancies. In one case, I developed an infection afterwards. I was having a lot of pain, and just kept taking pain meds, thinking it would stop. I waited too long to go back to the doctor. ... almost 2 weeks. The second time, I had pain for about 3 or 4 days, but it was like strong menstrual cramps that got less and less each day. Give yourself time to mourn your loss. Losing a pregnancy IS losing a baby, and all the hopes and dreams you had for it. But, there is still a chance that a new body will be made for that little spirit to enter. Take care of yourself, and never give up hope. I have 2 beautiful children that made up for the sorrow and pain of the losses that preceded them. GL to you.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 2:27 AM on May. 31, 2011

• i they also ran my urine last night and i have a uti also but i can't even touch my stomach or have anything against it without really bad pain.. I don't that i'll have anymore kids after this.. I'm not with anyone right now and the baby's father didn't even want the baby to start with. I have a 4 year old but its really hard to be around any kids right now so she is staying with my exs mom.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:50 AM on May. 31, 2011

• There are two pains with a miscarriage--the physical pain and the grief. I have had several miscarriages. Cry it out, get emotional support where you can, and you will heal, I promise. I'm so sorry you lost your little one.
    blackisbetter

Answer by blackisbetter at 3:53 AM on May. 31, 2011

• You can add me and message me if you want support. Now is not the time to decide about more kids or not.
    blackisbetter

Answer by blackisbetter at 3:55 AM on May. 31, 2011

• sorry to hear about ur loss, hope the pain goes away soon
    Jssg1986

Answer by Jssg1986 at 6:31 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I am so sorry you lost your baby. I have had 2 mc's never had a D&C. My physical pain only lasted a coule days.
    Jerichos_Mommy

Answer by Jerichos_Mommy at 10:54 PM on Jun. 2, 2011