What would you think?

I am getting divorced. Since my marriage fell apart 1.5 years ago, I reconnected with an old friend from HS. In the last 8 months we have become very close. He has a daughter. But his most recent relationship which lasted 5 years was with another man. I do not pry, I assume he is Bi. He has been so great to me since my xh walked out on me. Recently we went to court and Ive been very stressed out so my friend decided he would get me a room a luxury hotel and full day at the spa. I saw it as nothing more than a friend doing something nice for me because everytime Im crying and stressed out I call him. We spend hours a week on the phone together talking, even when i am not stressed. we are always just talking to each other. everyone keeps telling me they think he is into me, because he is always doing really nice things for me. I see it as he is a really nice guy with a big heart. But everyone keeps telling me I am wrong, no guy would do those things just for friendship. everyone keeps saying he is just waiting until the divorce is completely final to really come out and say something. Part of me has wondered if maybe there is something more there, but the other part of me just says no he is just being a great friend. what would you girls think?

thatgirl2011

Asked by thatgirl2011 at 1:59 AM on May. 31, 2011 in Relationships

• Great friend would be my guess. He sounds very loving and sensitive which unfortunately for you perhaps goes really well with being in a 5 yr committed relationship with a MAN. Don't overstep the friendship by hoping or pressing for it to be something it isn't. If I'm wrong, just take your cues from HIM--don't press it or count on it.
    blackisbetter

Answer by blackisbetter at 2:25 AM on May. 31, 2011

• Ask him.Why are we always trying to guess how a man feels about us instead of just asking.It will clear the air.
    robin2708

Answer by robin2708 at 8:40 AM on May. 31, 2011

• I would think that since he dates dudes, he's not into your pink parts.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 9:23 AM on May. 31, 2011