Does anyone else know..

I am 37 weeks pregnant, and was just wondering why I am in SO much pain at night time down there when I try to get out of bed in the middle of the night?

Micki-Cook

Asked by Micki-Cook at 2:08 AM on May. 31, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You mean around your cervix, vagina, pelvis... ??

A lot of things going on right now (hormone-caused).
    Very normal!

If you're not already, consider prenatal yoga & swimming, sleeping on your side with a pillow between knees & ankles, chiropractic, acupuncture, prenatal massage...
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:50 AM on May. 31, 2011

• Yes it is normal... Doulala has good ideas...
    AyamiLove

Answer by AyamiLove at 2:56 AM on May. 31, 2011

• A lot of what I had noticed at the end of being pregnant is the preddure of the baby dropping down low I felt it mostly when I was laying down and then tried to get up cuz if you think about it as the baby is pushing down you are kinda like sitting on the area the baby is pushing on trying to get up so its like you and the baby are pushing eachother!
    SkylaReneeMom

Answer by SkylaReneeMom at 2:56 AM on May. 31, 2011

• Baby is "dropping" getting into a lower position in the pelvis to get ready for birth. Unfortunately aches and pains go with it. It never hurts to call your gyn if you have questions though. You are paying them for that.
    blackisbetter

Answer by blackisbetter at 3:51 AM on May. 31, 2011

• just ur body getting ready to give birth
    Jssg1986

Answer by Jssg1986 at 6:29 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Baby is dropping and your body is getting ready to birth. The lower baby gets the ore often you and baby will press against each other. What helped me was to do pelvic rocking and tilts. The most help was pelvic circles.
    Jerichos_Mommy

Answer by Jerichos_Mommy at 1:13 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Will that help labor start??
    Micki-Cook

Comment by Micki-Cook (original poster) at 1:14 AM on Jun. 3, 2011