1st sleepover????????

My daughter Danielle is 7 she will be 8 in september, she has been invited to her first sleepover, (by a school mate) with this I tell you, that I do not know anything about these parents. I'm having a really hard time even considering it, but little danielle is very hung up on attending, what to do????? please help!! thank you ladies..

pook003

Asked by pook003 at 2:45 AM on May. 31, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• If I don't know the parents WELL, my answer is absolutely not.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:58 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• If I were going to let my children stay over at someones house, I would have to know the parents pretty well, I wouldn't let them stay with people I didn't know.

StrawberryLane

Answer by StrawberryLane at 6:44 AM on May. 31, 2011

• I would have to meet the parents first!
    daerca574

Answer by daerca574 at 8:47 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Meet the parents first.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 10:54 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• This is the same age our daughter was when she had her first sleepover. With my husbands work schedule he leaves all that stuff up to me. I have to know the parents very well before she went to the sleepover. Which I think most parents are like that. I always spend time with the parents and get to know them before I trust my daughter in their care. We still have this rule and she will be 12 in June. She knows that she has to inroduce me to the child and to the parents of new candidates (so to speak) and if I don't feel comfortable she doesn't spend the night. If it is a birthday party I usually go and stay with her. There have been times that while we are at the party I will decide to get her things out of the car and she gets to stay the night. But also there are times that we just go for the party and then I bring her back home. It has been like this for so long that she is used to it, and doesn't get mad any more.
    msmommy123

Answer by msmommy123 at 8:04 AM on May. 31, 2011

• I pretty much let my kid sleepover-I know his friends. When I come to drop him off I always stay and talk for a bit. I have met the parents at different events so I am not worried-plus it's been the same 4 or 5 kids houses for years so there's no issue.
    TacUnit68

Answer by TacUnit68 at 4:07 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I was 8 for my first sleepover. Its a very exciting time for a child. Maybe set up a time to meet the parents.
    dixiegurl223626

Answer by dixiegurl223626 at 4:20 PM on May. 31, 2011

• talk to the parents, get your questions answered and let her go. How are you ever going to get to know the parents if you keep her in a bubble?
    hollydaze1974

Answer by hollydaze1974 at 4:47 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I'd have to know the parents first.
    KamiB79

Answer by KamiB79 at 9:26 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• If you do not know the parents then I would say no. Or I would go and met with the parents prior to the sleepover.
    iam4you2

Answer by iam4you2 at 6:36 PM on Jun. 2, 2011