Why so harsh on mis-spelled words?...

AyamiLove

Asked by AyamiLove at 2:49 AM on May. 31, 2011 in About CafeMom

• Because ppl should be edumacated if thems can turn on a cumputer them should bees able to spell dem werds rite. If they caint then thems shooldnt' bees on the eenternet waysting tiem they should be geten them some lernin
    myownhappiness

Answer by myownhappiness at 2:58 AM on May. 31, 2011

• Boredom
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 3:08 AM on May. 31, 2011

• It's not the occasional word that is spelled incorrectly. It tends to come in large batches (in the same post), and usually with a lack of proper punctuation as well.

I totally "get" that people are looking for help here, but part of being computer literate is actually knowing HOW to spell. If you do not know/actively use proper grammar on even a 4th grade level, it's going to make having a conversation ONLINE very difficult.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:32 AM on May. 31, 2011

• I think the only time it really bothers me is when people use the wrong word. If it is every once in a while I don't care but I know people that use the same words wrong over and over on here. One that bugs me the most is when people say an instead of and. I know that all of my spelling isn't right and as fast as I type I exect it not to be perfect all the time.
    ashlrenee

Answer by ashlrenee at 3:47 AM on May. 31, 2011

• I never say anything to people about it either, it does not bother me enough to call someone out because they didn't spell something right or use a word right in a sentence.
    ashlrenee

Answer by ashlrenee at 3:48 AM on May. 31, 2011

• It bothers me but not enough to post about it. Unless I'm feeling very passive aggressive and antagonistic, I just keep it to myself. But in real life, I am known as the Grammar Police. :)
    Vix920

Answer by Vix920 at 9:56 AM on May. 31, 2011

• I dunno - wanna be teachers?
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 11:35 PM on Jun. 1, 2011