Why are there so many groups about moms who spank their kids?

I really don't understand the whole moms being proud of spanking their kids and especially not enough to get on cm and make or join a group about it or make a siggy that talks about how proud they are that they spank their kids. I could care less if they spank their kids but why brag? I spank my daughter if she needs if but I would feel so ignorant if I got on cm and joined a group about how I am a baby spanking mama. Can someone please explain the greatness of the mom spanking groups and siggy comments? Is your kid really that bad that you think about spanking them this much? With me it is not a thought that ever goes through my head unless I am actually having to spank my daughter for something. Or until I get on cm and see 15 groups and 500 siggies about it.

ashlrenee

Asked by ashlrenee at 4:01 AM on May. 31, 2011 in General Parenting

• I agree. Why do people think it is something to brag about. No real mother enjoys hurting her child.
    blackisbetter

Answer by blackisbetter at 4:04 AM on May. 31, 2011

• I think its because mothers who spank get bashed so much. Its a way to stand up for what you believe in when you're constantly getting put down about it. Groups for mothers who spank their children is probably just a place where they can speak freely without being bashed about it. Everyone disciplines their child in different ways. There is no reason to put someone down because of their form of discipline
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 4:10 AM on May. 31, 2011

• I spank my kid when she needs it (and I will her sister when shes an appropriate age) but i didnt even know there was a group on here about it O.O Im not proud of it but sometimes its necessary, even as my last resort. I dont understand why someone would be proud of that either.......
    shortycmlb

Answer by shortycmlb at 4:12 AM on May. 31, 2011

• I'm the group owner of Moms who Spank. We are a safe haven group. Our members can ask questions and give guidance without being judged for our choice in discipline methods. I don't advertise that I spank in my signature. But to each their own.

SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 4:22 AM on May. 31, 2011

• I don't know. I have wondered why some people seem proud of the fact that they spank too. I guess some people have run into criticism for spanking their children, so they get defensive about it and it comes across as being proud.

StrawberryLane

Answer by StrawberryLane at 6:49 AM on May. 31, 2011

• whatever floats their boat. I do spank if nessacry, but that is a last resort, i find nothing wrong with spanking, no moms don't enjoy it, but we have all heard this is going to hurt me more then it hurts you and that is true. Honestly as long as its with in reason (no bruises and marks) i have no issue with it at all, my mom used to spank me and honestly i deserved it! lol
    raynebowstarz

Answer by raynebowstarz at 7:02 AM on May. 31, 2011

• Because they know it's the wrong way to discipline but they want justification for what they do. It is just wrong in my opinion. How can hurting a living thing teach anything, especially when you yourself created it? :(

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:06 AM on May. 31, 2011

• why are there so many questions about moms who do spank?
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 10:30 AM on May. 31, 2011

• They brag bc it is a place it is excepted. They can feel confortable doing it.
    Kimkh

Answer by Kimkh at 5:23 PM on May. 31, 2011