So ladies I just found out that I am pregnant and need to plan for the inevitable nausea. Tips, ideas, remedies anybody ???? Feel great so far. still really early though.

I added all the details above need nausea tips, morning, noon , and night?????

Thanks ladies

momehopeful69

Asked by momehopeful69 at 11:20 AM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I carried saltine crackers and lemon drops around with me. That seemed to help.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 11:21 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Take your prenatal before bed instead of in the morning, avoid fatty and greasy foods, eat small snacks often. I used to take a ziplock baggies of plain Cheerios with me everywhere, even shopping. They were a lifesaver!!! Ginger Ale is good for nausea too.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:22 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Buy a huge purse! Keep a bottle of water, tums and crackers in it at all times. Peppermint tea helps some people, but I never tried it since the smell made me more nauseous.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 11:22 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• You may not get morning sickness this time! I didn't have it with all of my pregnancies : )
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 11:23 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Who knows maybe you wont have nausea! I know I did not have it with my 2 daughters! Good Luck! I have read eat small meals all day and saltine crackers.
    jem102675

Answer by jem102675 at 11:24 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• i didn't have that problem but i was told that teas or lemon water worked great
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 11:30 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I tried the lemon water and it made me throw up instantly. I never threw up through alll my morningh sickness but the lemon water did not help me, and worked against me.
    Saltine crackers work wonders, tea, tums, avoid citrus, toast -no butter, eat smaller meals. 7up and anything that makes you burp.
    I never threw up besides the lemon/water incident everyones morning sickness is different.
    Mine was more in the middle of the day and right before bed.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 11:39 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• It's not inevitable. I didn't have any morning sickness or nausea with my son. BUT if you do I have heard sipping ginger ale, eating saltine crackers, eat small frequent snacks and meals, take a baggy of crackers to be with you so you can nibble on a few first thing in the morning so your stomach is somewhat settled before starting your day. My best friend had HORRIBLE sickness she lost I want to say like 20lbs from it. OH I have heard hot tea is good too. Good luck and I hope you don't get sick at all!
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 11:40 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I sipped Coke slowly and ate lots of small snacks. I had morning sickness and nausea up to 7mths with my son. I also am a consultant for Pure Romance and I used my Great Head to help relax my gag reflux because when i gag from nausea I throw up. It helped a lot!!!
    mrsmilander

Answer by mrsmilander at 11:46 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• if you do get morning sickness. try those motion sickness bracelets... they worked wonders for me
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 12:09 PM on Dec. 9, 2008