22 month with bad headache?

my 22 month old has been up for most of the night with a headache, she keeps saying kiss it and touches her head, i cant find any info about it. we just moved to this area and dont have a doctor here, should i take her to the ER? oh and she also has a fever,

julie.f

Asked by julie.f at 5:28 AM on May. 31, 2011 in Kids' Health

• I would say yes, just to be safe. It isn't normal for children to have headaches. Could be allergies bbut could be somsomething else. Poor peanut :(
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 6:22 AM on May. 31, 2011

• At our house, headaches and fevers just go together. I usually get a headache at the beginning of an illness and if I can get some good sleep, that usually takes care of it. Tylenol is my go to if can't sleep it away. And I do not typically turn to OTC very much for myself or my kids. If I were you, I would hold off on going to the ER. Keep her drinking fluids (headaches are usually a sign of dehydration) in whatever form she will take them. Popsicles, juice, etc. Remember that fevers are a good thing, they are a sign that the immune system is working! Medicating will make the illness last longer, so do it sparingly, as in only to comfort the child enough to get some good rest. You could call your old dr. Or the health dept. Where you live if you want a professional opinion without the trip to the ER.
    nepenthe429

Answer by nepenthe429 at 6:41 AM on May. 31, 2011

• yes, go see a doctor.
    daerca574

Answer by daerca574 at 8:15 AM on May. 31, 2011

• How high is her temp? I'd usually say just give tylenol and wait and see, butt 22 months seems a little young to be up at night with a headache, I'd see a doc just in case. Do you have an ask a nurse line in your town, that's always a good option.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 8:30 AM on May. 31, 2011

• yes er or urgent care a
    critter_boo

Answer by critter_boo at 8:32 AM on May. 31, 2011

• get her some toddler tylnol first
    critter_boo

• I would at least give her some tylenol or motrin first
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 9:21 AM on May. 31, 2011

• I would give her tylenol or motrin first and take her to the doctor in the morning
    dixiegurl223626

Answer by dixiegurl223626 at 9:43 AM on May. 31, 2011

• I agree with giving Tylenol or Motrin first. Hope your little one is feeling better.
    ceciliam

Answer by ceciliam at 11:55 AM on May. 31, 2011

• id give her tylenol and a cool bath
    ilovemyboys84

Answer by ilovemyboys84 at 12:20 PM on May. 31, 2011