How to set up house for military in home daycare? aka fcc (family care provider) what to expect?

I am doing the in home care provider training. In the military FCC providers are parents like me that want to make money while staying at home with their own child. I will be going through training classes, background checks,inspections etc etc...before this happens, but I want to start getting the apartment ready now. I plan to do infants-preschooler age and can have a maximum of 6 kids (including my own daughter) For any of you familiar with FCC providers , what types of things in the house should I expect the inspectors to look for and want changed? I was thinking of cutting our living in half, ..half stays the same family room/tv area, the other half becomes nothing but toys/kid stuff/her mini kitchen comes out here etc. they provide me with a crib which Im gonna have to fit somewhere, I am praying they give me a travel crib so I can take it down everyday.

What stuff should I expect from all of this? How did you set up your place if you did this? I wish we had a basement or large unused area, but we really don't. I can do half the living room and of course our daughters room.

moki1984

Asked by moki1984 at 6:00 AM on May. 31, 2011 in Money & Work

• I don't have an in home, but I took my kids to one and from what I saw, depending on the layout of the house...toys on one side and normal family stuff on the other. Toys remained on one side of the room and she had cubbies full of diapers, snacks etc. Wasn't sure about the crib. She had a playpen behind her sofa on the TV side where a baby slept, but it was only once so I don't know if that was her usual thing.

G'luck with it.
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 6:25 AM on May. 31, 2011

• thanks. the lil' ne is excited about it, she's an only child and can't wait to have kids over a lot more haha
    moki1984

Comment by moki1984 (original poster) at 6:36 AM on May. 31, 2011

• I had looked into doing that once. From what I learned in the process was they are basically looking for your home to be clean and secure. Make sure all cords are taped down and secure, cabinets have locks on them, plugs in the electrically outlet, etc. As far as the toys and stuff, we had an extra room that I was going to have everything in. Is that a possibility for you?

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:15 AM on May. 31, 2011

• The ones I've been in had a spare room that had toys and a crib/toddler bed in it, with some area in the main living room for playing.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 8:53 AM on May. 31, 2011