Is this as big of a sign as I think it is?

Monday morning I walk out and my hubby greets me with "goodmorning cupcake". cupcake was the first "original" pet name he gave me many years ago, not the normal hunny or babe. I always loved it, found it sweet and endearing. Well 4 years ago we hit a rough spot, I had an affair cause I thought he did...we were emotionally immature. Over the past 4 years we never fully reconciled this, just swept it under the rug and he never really called me cupcake anymore after that affair/hard spot which I always missed. We recently cleaned out our emotional closets so to say, full disclosure on everything and finally faced this issue of the affair and have been working through it and working through any issues our marriage had. This past memorial weekend was really good for us, just relaxed, happy, had some nice intimate time after the little one was sleeping where I put out lots of candles, had a "special outfit" he gave me a little "special attention" etc...so when I came out monday morning and he said "good morning cupcake" I wanted to go OMG OMG you called me cupcake!!

I felt like him calling me cupcake again like that on his own without me saying one word about that petname in so long was a big sign. It put me on cloud nine and I felt like maybe he is finally forgiving what happened, we are really moving past it now and not just ignoring it but really fixed it. Am I over reacting about him calling me cupcake again or would you also take it as a good sign as well?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:08 AM on May. 31, 2011 in Relationships

• Aww I hope it works out!! It seems like a sign.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 6:19 AM on May. 31, 2011

• Anything that could put you on cloud 9 could be a sign. Baby steps. Don't read into anything, but if you're working on things than it is a very good start to a very good future. You'll have your good days and bad, but maybe he did move passed it. Maybe you both can move passed it and it does sound like something positive. Glad ya'll were able to work through and move passed it.
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 6:22 AM on May. 31, 2011

• Awww!!!!!!! Thats definitely a good sign (:
    youngmoma07

Answer by youngmoma07 at 6:24 AM on May. 31, 2011

• Just to be asking???How long have you two been together/married? It is a good sign. But do not take it as a total fix on your marriage. It takes more then a talk and a nice weekend to fix what happened in your marriage.

Answer by louise2 at 6:42 AM on May. 31, 2011

• I would take it as a good sign, but I would definitely mention my feelings about it. Telling and reminding him that this took you back to the "good times" and made your day left you hopeful, encouraged, and more willing than ever to work out problems of the past and head into the future. Communication is the best way to conquer all kinds of things that pop up in life. Down the road you may want to consider professional counseling so you know you're both on the right path. I went through this with my husband of over 25 years at the time; he was the one who cheated. I have forgiven him, but you realy don't forget so counseling has put things in perspective for me an continues to. We will be married 32 years this August.
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 7:33 AM on May. 31, 2011

• Enjoy the love!
    dys-shattered

Answer by dys-shattered at 8:23 AM on May. 31, 2011

• take it slow and good luck
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 8:37 AM on May. 31, 2011

• Sounds like a good sign to me!
    Vix920

Answer by Vix920 at 9:22 AM on May. 31, 2011

• I totally agree with louise2. My husband cheated over 10 years ago and I have forgiven him but I still have trouble trusting him 100%. We never went to counseling but have been considering it recently and what louise2 said confirms the need to do so. Always talk to your husband about what is going on with you. Trust is a hard thing to get back and you must be willing to be an open book and not do anything that appears to be behind his back or suspicious. It sounds like you are headed in the right direction. It is great that he is willing to work things out. You will have a much stronger relationship because of it. Bless you both.
    KCB4

Answer by KCB4 at 9:41 AM on May. 31, 2011

• yes it sound like a great sign but just take it slow & enjoy each others company
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 10:24 AM on May. 31, 2011