Do you think that this is fair?

We are living with my dad until we can afford to buy our own house, we pay him 350 a month in rent(when my cousin lived with him he only asked her for 200, and she NEVER paid him, he's constantly on our ass to pay) We go food shopping every 2 weeks and spend about 300, he is constantly eating our food(since he NEVER goes shopping it's pretty much all our food) If we go and pick up food(for instance i got subway for my friends kid i was watching, me and my SO) and he got all pissy because i didn't buy him anything. And we are expected to cook dinner, if we don't he gets mad and is like"oh no dinner, i guess i'll just make an omlett or pb&J" Usually my SO cooks(i'm a terrible cook) but he work 12-14hrs a day.
So do you think that we should have to do all this and pay him rent, or does he expect way too much and is taking advantage of us doing it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Just for Fun

• OH and not to mention he makes 32 dollars an hour plus overtime, and at any given time usually has over 8000 in the bank, while we are piss poor and wondering how we are going to buy Christmas presents for everyone
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Well how many is "we" living there? Not to be rude either, but some of this just sounds a bit exaggerated.

Anonymous

• If you do not think it is fair..take the money you are spending and go see if you can afford a place of your own. If it is more money to be outside your dads house then be happy that you have a roof over your head. Times are really hard now..so many people are without.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 11:34 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Well his money has nothing to do with your situation. He is not obligated to you by any means in supporting you. If you don't like it, leave.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• How many are staying with him at first it was just your cousin(1 person?) and now you SO and any kids? It sucks that he expects you to do all the grocery shopping AND cook! But I don't know about the rent, I guess it would make sense if there were more of you than your cousin. Oh well, i would look at it as MORE motivation to save up and move outta there!
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 11:35 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• It's not fair but depending on were you live it may be cheaper to stay with him. Like rent here is 950+ for a three bedroom house without utilities
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 11:37 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• It was my prego cousin and her hubby, and now it's me, my so, and our 15 month old son...it just erks me, he told us when we first moved in that we could alternate going shopping, but he hasn't done any shopping in months, with the exception of buying a gallon of milk when he needs it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Not to be rude either, but some of this just sounds a bit exaggerated.

I wish it was, but he is a cronic complainer, and if anything i under ecaggerated it lol there is actually alot that i left out

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• i would say he is asking tooo much. yes you are in his home but for godsake he is your father and you are paying rent and buying your own food. if he were there alone he would be cooking for himself and it sounds like he is able to take care of himself, i lived with my parents for awhile me and my daughter and i bought food and i did cook alot but thats becuz i can cook and she can't soo there you go but i didn't have to pay rent and i wasn't expected to do more than they knew i could./ good luck to you
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 11:42 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Wow I am sorry. It is hard for two families to live together. I would get out as soon as I could. But really that's not bad especially if he is paying the utilities. Have you tried talking to him about the situation?
    ronronsbeauty

Answer by ronronsbeauty at 12:05 PM on Dec. 9, 2008