pain

alright i know pain and discomfort is normal for pregnancy. But i have been having pains off and on for a few days straight now. They started randomly like a month ago. Now I wake up during the night from the pain. My stomach gets rock hard. I see my dr tomorrow but they usually ignore me and brush me off...... I am 34 weeks is this normal?

sassy_brizzy

Asked by sassy_brizzy at 11:35 AM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I agree completely with kroz0415. It sounds like Braxton Hicks contractions. Drinking water helps and also getting rest. It sounds like you may have been over exerting yourself in the last couple of days or so, which can cause the BH to be stronger. Stay hydrated, get plenty of rest, and maybe try to take a warm shower if they are really bad. kfroz0415 is right about the doc too. Make them listen to you, you have to self advocate. Don't leave until you are happy and understand everything! Good luck and congrats!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 12:26 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Since it has been going on for days and not getting regular my guess is it's Braxton Hicks (sp?) contractions. BH contractions are just getting your uterus ready for the real deal.  Also you may need to be drinking more water. If you become slightly dehydrated it can cause false contractions. As for your doctor MAKE him/her answer you. If they try to brush you off simply tell them that it is unacceptable behavior and that it is their JOB to answer any question and address EVERY concern that you have. Good luck.

kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 11:48 AM on Dec. 9, 2008