Wht is ur views for cross-nursing .suppose ur babysitting ur freind/cousin/sister baby abd baby is hungry not comfortable with bottle if any one have succesful cross nurse do u feel it is normal

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:43 AM on May. 31, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If both parties are comfortable, then I say go for it. At least a baby's being fed.
    EgoTryptophan

Answer by EgoTryptophan at 7:43 AM on May. 31, 2011

• Personally , i would not let my child cross feed for personal reasons! i just don't think i could ever let that happen lol, but i see nothing wrong with it, go for it!
    raynebowstarz

Answer by raynebowstarz at 7:44 AM on May. 31, 2011

• I would not be comfortable with feeding another baby unless it was extreme cases like this kid is going to starve if you don't feed it. And I would not be comfortable with someone else breast feeding my child, unless it was and extreme case like above. But that's just me.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 7:49 AM on May. 31, 2011

• I think it's gross. It passes germs that do not need to be passed. Do you let your kids drink off of other people's cups? No? Then why would you let them drink another person's body fluid directly?
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 7:50 AM on May. 31, 2011

• i wouldnt want my DD nursing with someone else...sorry thats just weird..
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 7:59 AM on May. 31, 2011

• I would nurse another person's baby if they asked me to or if it was needed immediately (i.e. natural disaster, no other way) and wouldn't feel weird about it at all. For someone to nurse mine I feel a little differently about. It isn't so much the germs to me...it is the bonding that takes place. That is special between my kids and I. So I guess I am on the fence LOL
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:11 AM on May. 31, 2011

• Oh...I forgot to say...my 5 year old daughter tells me all the time that she is going to be a "nurser" and I used to correct her and say "a nurse"...but nope...she wants not nurse babies and she is convinced this is what she will do. LOL I asked her "don't you want to nurse your own babies?" and she says she isn't going to have her own babies. That might be a little hitch in her plan. LOL.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:13 AM on May. 31, 2011

• Absolutely. My best friend's little guy got his first meal from me, while she was in recovery from an emergency c-section (she had to be put under general anesthesia). She didn't want him to have formula, and I was still nursing my own son, problem solved.

As to the uninformed pp who compared SPECIES SPECIFIC MILK to sharing cups... It actually builds immunity more quickly and diversely if a child is nursed by numerous women. It is common practice everywhere but here, in our ever so backward society.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:17 AM on May. 31, 2011

• I certainly would. There is nothing 'gross' about feeding any baby. As long as my child was still getting enough I would have no problem with it.

If the mother is weird about it I would ask if I could pump and dropper feed.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:22 AM on May. 31, 2011

• There is a demand for breastmilk. So much that Breastmilk Banks do exist. The milk goes to a pasteurization process. I can understand why some might think it is gross. :-)
    MMXI

Answer by MMXI at 8:24 AM on May. 31, 2011