Are doctors who practice alternative medicine a SCAM?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:57 AM on May. 31, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Personally I believe that the pharma companies, the insurance companies, and a good many drug peddle ... er ... licensed physicians are the biggest scam. They all work to see us high priced medications that CAUSE more symptoms than any illness they are supposed to treat, many of them cause psychotic symptoms, others increase heart and stroke incidence, etc. They perform tests that cost a fortune and sell it as 'routine', and they take money every month but refuse to give it back when you need it.

And people BUY this.

I'm sorry. I realize there are things that require a doctor, but eating well, exercising, sleeping regular hours, etc. is what our bodies need ... not a bunch of pills. I prefer the alternative to our medical business that ONLY thrives by keeping us sick (and gets a bonus from people wanting 'instant' cures for a hangnail).
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 4:28 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I'm sure some are, just like I'm sure a certain percentage of allopathic doctors are scammers too.

Personally, my alternative doctors have helped me and my family in numbers that far outweigh anything my allopathic doctors have provided.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 8:06 AM on May. 31, 2011

• You will find scammers in anything. Not all are scammers.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 9:03 AM on May. 31, 2011

• There are many, many kinds of alternative medicine. Most of them are far less of a scam than Western medicine.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 10:41 AM on May. 31, 2011

• I'd say ome Dr.s practicing regular medicine are scammers. LOL To really answer your question,
    No, most aren't but there are scammers in ever occupation.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:22 AM on May. 31, 2011

• Considering that conventional medicine is modeled after alternative medicine, no ... it's not a scam (although I do believe that conventional pharmaceuticals ARE a scam).

My family and I practice alternative medicine. It is an inexpensive and highly effective alternative to conventional medicine. So based on years of experience ... alternative medicine is not a scam.
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 10:27 AM on May. 31, 2011

• not all. some i guess. my best friend goes to one, she's had a lot of health problems and she's only 21, the doctors herbal treatments have made her completely healthy and they also cured her mother's lyme disease and according to traditional medicine lyme disease cannot be cured but hers is gone
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 9:38 AM on May. 31, 2011

• I am sure there are some who are scammers. Always a good idea to research any doctor you are going to.
    chaiteamomma

Answer by chaiteamomma at 11:13 AM on May. 31, 2011

• Some probably could be. Are you asking if alternative medicine is bogus? If you are, I think these practice are a wonderful adjunct to western medicine-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:34 AM on May. 31, 2011

• Depends on your definition of alternative medicine. Acupuncture has been around for 2,000 years, and it is safe, effective, and has very few side effects. Is that a scam? Just because it is not common and recognized as "western" medicine, I wouldn't deem it so.

Do not be quick to dismiss what you don't understand.
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 1:51 PM on May. 31, 2011