Do you buy your kids' teacher?

A gift at the end of the school year? If so what do you usually get them?

I ended up going and getting a basket and some things to put in it here is what I got; let me know what you think--

Lily Ginger Bath and Shower Gel; Lily Ginger Body Butter; Lily Ginger Body Sprtiz; a Loofa Sponge; 2 Books--If I had You and Summer Secrets; 2 Candles--one is Apple Cinnamon and the other is Ocean Breeze; a nice Writing Pen; 4 packets of Seeds--Tomatoes, Peppers, Radishes and Carrots; some assorted Tea Bags and a Small Writing Pad

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 8:05 AM on May. 31, 2011 in General Parenting

• i try to give them something thats is of a personal touch ........like a beach bag filled with things like a beach towel, flip flops , sun screen, a book , a good bottle of wine....something that says relax enjoy the time off because i know having my kid is stressful 8hrs a day...
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:27 AM on May. 31, 2011

• I do... I try to find something that incorporates all the kids. Last year I made scrapbooks with pics I took from all the events... this year I bought glass paint and had all the kids sign a big glass bowl and filled it full of treats. :-)
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 8:12 AM on May. 31, 2011

• No I dont. I buy them things through out the school year is why. I usually give them $50 gift cards every quarter for Staples to help with school supplies.

Answer by gemgem at 8:09 AM on May. 31, 2011

• gemgem that very generous. I don't buy them anything but from the question maybe I should be?
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:12 AM on May. 31, 2011

• I do it because they buy their own supplies and dont get paid alot.

Answer by gemgem at 8:29 AM on May. 31, 2011

• Usually the whole class chips in together to buy one large gift card to somewhere she likes.

Answer by missanc at 8:43 AM on May. 31, 2011

• We have teacher appreciation day and parents make food for the teachers. They have something at Christmas that you can give money to so that teachers can pay for their supplies w/out using as much of their own money. I did give a teacher a little retirement gift as she had helped my 12 yo dd w/Math a lot during the year.
    cat4458

Answer by cat4458 at 8:48 AM on May. 31, 2011

• I didn't this year (it was DS's first year)...Only one parent did. I'm thinking I will before the end of next year, though. They work really hard throughout the year, and they deserve a little something special :)
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 8:50 AM on May. 31, 2011

• Nope. Sometimes the room mother collects from the class, though.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 12:46 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Well knowing several teachers, and hearing of how most of them have enough bath stuff and candles to last 100 years, I dont do what you are doing, although it sounds very nice. I give gift cards to a book store, and my kid will make a personlized card to them.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 1:50 PM on May. 31, 2011