What position did you give birth in?

I read giving birth on all fours was easy for a lot of women, but I don't think a lot of hospitals let you do that??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes they do, my sil did it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I was comfortable on my left side but they made sure i was on my back in stirrups come delivery time
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 11:38 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Unfortunately a lot of them make you lie on your back which is the most inconvenient way of giving birth and can also cause tearing and problems delivering. I did lay on my back but I also had my sister and mom help support me to where I was sitting up some. It made it easier. I hate hospitals. You can get a midwife.
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 11:39 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Squatting.

On your back with your feet up in stirrups is the worst worst worst position to deliver in!! It's only convenient for the selfish doctor.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 11:41 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Actually all on all 4's is better because you have gravity helping.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I was on my back. I hurt so much, I refused to move any.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• mamak88, squating actually INCREASES your risk of tearing unless you are used to a deep squatting position everyday. I was kneeling on the ground when I gave birth. Plan on doing that again this time. I labored in the tub, BTW
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 11:44 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• STANDING UP!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I was in the laying down on my back position with my legs up, it sucked, the dr. had to cut me so that I wouldnt tear.
    samantha_dawn

Answer by samantha_dawn at 11:52 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I had all five laying down or sitting up. The hospitals will let you have them in any position thats confortable for you and safe for the baby. As long as there are no complications they should allow it.

Answer by gemgem at 11:52 AM on Dec. 9, 2008