Why repond to ttc questions if you're just going to be rude?

for many women, getting pregnant comes quickly. For others, however, it is a long and difficult process. I am so sick of women leaving snide, unhelpful and rude comments in the ttc section.

Remember how excited you were when you thought you were preg? Waiting to take a test can seem like forever, especially if you've been ttc for months and months. And as for writing off the questions asking about what your preg symptoms were- get over it. It's reassuring to know that other women have experienced similar symptoms early in pregnancy. I have been ttc for awhile and as much as it sucks getting BFNs month after month, it sucks even more having bit*hy remarks left to questions I leave hoping for advice and support.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:38 AM on May. 31, 2011 in About CafeMom

• Is our ignorance that makes hurt others. What we take for granted for others is something far to imagine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:41 AM on May. 31, 2011

• people can be ignorant on here...but you just have to pick and choose your battles with catty woman. I personal would answer a question about symptoms...however I will not lie, when someone says I missed my period for weeks could I be pregnant? I would just think in my head...are you serious go get a test. Thats not being mean, but its kind of common sense. I wouldnt respond though. I am not trying to be rude. I also cant stand when I see a mom write something like..."my kid has a extremely high temp, is vomiting, etc...what should I do?" I will say something to the person about that one. You take the kid to the nearest ER! Sorry people are being mean, but woman can be like that sometimes.
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 8:45 AM on May. 31, 2011

• why not just ignore bitchy remarks? you can't change rude women, you can only shrug them off. i'll admit it's annoying when some of the women on here want us to predict whether or not they're pregnant. i usually skip those questions
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:46 AM on May. 31, 2011

• There is a difference between the "should I take a test" questions and the others. It gets hard to ignore the remarks when there is at least one per question. It seems like the ttc section has turned into an attack forum to some ladies. (also, just got another BFN so I'm a little cranky and emotional today).
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:05 AM on May. 31, 2011

• These are my thoughts:

when the first poster (answer) is bitchy, all the rest will follow.

there those are my thoughts.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 9:13 AM on May. 31, 2011

• I just think that the question is asked so much on here, we forget that some people are really trying to get pregnant,, I would post my question in TTC, and explain that you have never been pregnant and are wondering what the symptoms of others were,,, I know people get snarky replies, but some of them are so silly,,,not in your case!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:22 AM on May. 31, 2011

• I am so sorry to hear you are strugling to concieve. I had that problem too as well as 3 miscarriages.My best advice for you would be to stop stressing if you can. I remmber saying to my dh; "That's it. I guess we should stop trying for awhile" And BOOM we were pregnant. Sometimes when you stop focusing on it that is when it will happen. That little soul will come to you when it is supposed to. Good Luck!! I don't know why some women on CM feel the need to be so nasty. We need to kind to each other and more supportive!! Just IGNORE the Bi***s. I have some nasty comments made to me too!! I just don't pay any attention and i usually say "May God Bless You" which I am sure bugs the nasty people b/ they want to upset you. Good Luck!! You are in my prayers!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on May. 31, 2011

• I ask that with any kind of question. For me if your just going to leave a rude comment, just skip it and save my and your time.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 10:21 AM on May. 31, 2011