cervix......

when your cervix starts to soften, it shouldnt be long b4 you start to dilate should it?

angel_lips

Asked by angel_lips at 11:46 AM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• actually... my sisters was completely effaced and hadnt started to dilate! every ones body is different.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 12:12 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Most often the cervix effaces (softens) and dilates at the same time. Keep in mind that some women dilate one or two centimeters over a period of a few weeks without any contractions.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 12:23 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• i ask this because this is my 3rd baby. my first, i was dilating the same time as my cervix was softening. my second i dont know what happened there!!! i went to eat and started having pains and was 4 cm(didnt know)... now my cervix are softening but im not dilated any.....it makes me worry because im 38 weeks this is my longest pregnancy
    angel_lips

Answer by angel_lips at 1:08 PM on Dec. 9, 2008