Why is it that at times family is the hardest people to deal with???

my patience is running out with my mom.... she complains about everything.

me and my son live with her. i just graduated from college with my bachelors.... 23 years old... i went to college when i was pregnant. swollen ankles and everything.... my son will be a year old this friday.

i just got a new job ;) thank god. i have my own car and pay my own personal expenses for myself and my son.

she complains i am lazy and ungrateful. she wants everything her way. no else is right. she told me yesterday to get my s**t and get out her house....

i dont understand her at times. my mom live with her until she about 30 years old. she did not go to college. and she didnt marry my dad until i was about 12 y ears old.

i have overcome many obstacles the past 2 years......

it hurts me the way she treats me at times. she throws everything she does for me in my face. she even told me to cancel my son's birthday party at the house.

and then when she gets in front of others she puts on this act as if she is the best person in the world....

i am looking to find an affordable apartment for my son and me....

i cried all last night and on my way to work....

ive made mistakes. but i think i have to managed to make up for them....

graduating from college. taking care my son. working (even working and going to school full time when i was pregnant)

and i dont even hang out with friends. i go to work and pick up my son. and go home and take care my son.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on May. 31, 2011 in Relationships

• They just suck, plain and simple. My mom was an evil witch and I can do no freaking right in her eyes, even though I know for a fact I'm do way better than her. Best thing to do is get the hell out. She won't change.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 9:54 AM on May. 31, 2011

• Because we love our family more then most other people, and we hope and trust that they will be our biggest and strongest support system. When they aren't it hurts real bad. But, congratulations to you for all you've accomplished. It sounds as though you are well on your way to providing a great life for you and your son. You'll be in your own place soon. The very best of luck and continued success to you.

meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:24 AM on May. 31, 2011

• I'm sorry you're having such a hard time with your mom. I hope it all works out for you and you get your own place. Sometimes people just can't live together. My brother's relationship with our parents was horrible until he moved out and now they are close. Hopefully your relationship with your mom will improve when you get your own place. And you will probably get a self-esteem boost by being totally independent (even though it won't be easy).
    Vix920

Answer by Vix920 at 9:16 AM on May. 31, 2011

• because they are the one who are suppose to love us unconditionaly and when they dont it hurts
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:18 AM on May. 31, 2011

• you will get through it by moving and then your mom will be sorry that she acted that way.

either she is jealous of you, or tired of providing a place for you to live when she probably wants you to figure life out for yourself and no longer live there, or sees that you havent lived up to her expectations.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 9:31 AM on May. 31, 2011

• It is hard to live with family. My mom and I fought like cats and dogs until I moved out. Now we're best friends. It may be a little more difficult living on your own, but it might just be what your relationship needs. Things will get better.
    fireeyes81

Answer by fireeyes81 at 9:54 AM on May. 31, 2011

• oh sweety im sorry your mom is treating you this way but your mom dont deserve a nice daughter like you & you dont need to be there you can find somewhere better to live with you & your son just be the best mom you can be to your son you know you did what was best for you & your babyboy
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 10:14 AM on May. 31, 2011

• she wanted to cancel your son's birthday party? that's pretty cold.
    Has she always been this way or is it something new? if it's new, then maybe you should talk to her doctor. Could be a medical problem.

I bet she's jealous that you have a degree and she doesn't. Mom's can be very jealous of their daughters. My mom and I both went to college, but for years I had problems with her making nasty comments that I couldn't understand. Then one day she admitted that she was VERY jealous of me. That I now live in a beautiful area that she would have loved to live in, but she never had the courage to leave her hometown. She also said "you have the marriage that I'll never have"

I bet that deep down she is proud. She's probably got some issues to deal with that could have nothing to do with you.
    Hang in there.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 12:01 PM on May. 31, 2011