How much should i tip a mani/pedi/massage person?

I got a little spa package for Christmas and I've NEVER gotten a mani or pedi or massage before. How much should I tip?

ariel08

Asked by ariel08 at 9:24 AM on May. 31, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I don;t know if the package was discounted or not, go to their website and see what they would normally charge, and tip between 10-20%, depending on if they do a good job,, usually about $10 for massage and $5 for manicure, and $5 for pedicure.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:26 AM on May. 31, 2011

• I've tipped 5 to 10 dollars (that's if they do a great job) sometimes you can get someone who doesn't do that great of a job and if you do find that good person keep her name and card so when you want that special treatment again you know it will be done right ;)
    Have fun you will enjoy it...aaahhhh!!!! I miss doing that but it can get expensive. I only do it on special occasions.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:29 AM on May. 31, 2011

• I agree with kimigogo--except at the spa where I get my hair done, pedicures are like $50 and if I'm crazy enough to spend that for a pedicure, I will tip like $8.00. When I go to the regular pedicure place I tip $5.00.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 9:30 AM on May. 31, 2011

• I give them about 5 dollars.

LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 10:45 AM on May. 31, 2011

• As a former hairdresser I usually got about 20%. If I did large families or teens it was around 15%. They make commission and go with your budget they won't go broke or be hurt.
    CHarlan

Answer by CHarlan at 12:19 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I always tip 30% for estheticians,nail techs, and cosmetologists!
    bellaambru90

Answer by bellaambru90 at 12:54 PM on Jun. 3, 2011