C section tomorrow

Tomorrow I go in for my c section at 9 am. The c section will start at 11am honestly I am having a little bit anxiety. I am not nervous about the surgery I am nervous about the epidural. Is it really that bad? I have heard some people say its not that bad, and some people say it hurts?

jerseyshorefan

Asked by jerseyshorefan at 9:40 AM on May. 31, 2011 in Pregnancy

• For me it was just uncomfortable when they were puting it in. But it didnt hurt. It was quick also. I was worried about it also because I herd some horror stories about it also. But dont worry its not that bad...and if it does hurt you wont feel anything in about 5 sec. lol But good luck and I hope everything goes well! CONGRATS!
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 9:43 AM on May. 31, 2011

• It's not bad at all! They numb it up before they put in the epi. I had 2 scheduled csections and 3 vaginal deliveries - I much preferred my csections. I think a lot of people that had issues were with emergency csections. Good luck!

Answer by missanc at 9:43 AM on May. 31, 2011

• aww, you will be fine! i've had two c-sections, one planned and one unplanned, and i can honestly tell you you're getting the better end of the deal by having a planned one. the epidural (or spinal, they might give you a spinal since the numbing effect is stronger) does not hurt in my opinion, it's like a pinch or bee sting, just a little uncomfortable. and you won't feel a thing during your c-section except some pressure and tugging when they're maneuvering the baby out. the recovery is harder than the surgery itself, you will need to take it easy for a few weeks. good luck and post pictures =)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:45 AM on May. 31, 2011

• People are different. For some it hurts and some it's easy. I promise its easier than regular child birth. I wanted a regular child birth soo I'm not saying I only recomend them. My child was loosing heartbeat therefor I had to have or should I say got to have c-section.
    Kimkh

Answer by Kimkh at 9:48 AM on May. 31, 2011

• I've had 2 c-sections. One was with a spinal and the other was with the epidural. I did better with the epidural. They will have you sit on the operating table and hunch forward...some have you cross your legs indian style.A nurse will stand in front of you and kind of embrace you in a hug to comfort you and to help keep you steady.There is pressure where the needle goes in, and it is a little painful but nothing that is awful.Its really quick too. After the initial getting it in there...there isnt any pain, you don't even know that it is in. You will be suprised at how heavy your legs feels and you won't be able to move them,lol.The c-section itself is failry quick once they get started.
    Good Luck and congrats mama! :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:52 AM on May. 31, 2011

• I had a unplanned c section with my first son, I was in labor for 15 hrs. He just wouldn't fit so they gave me a c section. I didn't feel the first time I got an epidural because I was in labor and they did it during a contraction. This time I got pregnant they asked me if I wanted to do vbac I declined and told them I would rather have a c section. Because the doctor says it is going to be another big baby. Which means he won't fit.
    jerseyshorefan

Comment by jerseyshorefan (original poster) at 9:52 AM on May. 31, 2011

• When I had my epidural I couldn't feel anything it was very very weird.
    jerseyshorefan

Comment by jerseyshorefan (original poster) at 9:53 AM on May. 31, 2011

• My epidural was HEAVEN. Of course, I got mine long before they told me I'd need an emergency c-section, and it wore off RIGHT before they started to cut... but then they gave me meds and I was fine. Are you definitely having an epi beforehand? Because most places don't do that - they just cut.
    Good luck with everything... make sure you take it easy after and take advantage of anyone who wants to help (whether it's hospital staff or friends/family who want to help after your hospital stay). Having a baby is tiresome no matter what, but recovering from a c-section is HARD - this coming from someone who recovered easily... it was still a long recovery. :)
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 9:54 AM on May. 31, 2011

• oh I never heard of a place where they don't give you an epidural or anything.
    jerseyshorefan

Comment by jerseyshorefan (original poster) at 9:59 AM on May. 31, 2011

• hi dear
    i have not been their before but my work mat has.
    just take it very easy.its not that bad.even normal delivery is painfull.
    put everything in GODS HANDS ALL IS WELL
    take care,
    Vesta559

Answer by Vesta559 at 10:11 AM on May. 31, 2011