Baby cereal

Anyone switch there baby to cereal and they are still eating the same amount of times? Molly is 4 mo. old and sh will only eat 3 oz. every 2 hrs. even after we just started giving her cereal.

Kimkh

Asked by Kimkh at 9:53 AM on May. 31, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If you feel really concerend consult your pediatricain. I started my kids early on cereal but they were eatting alot more at a time. DD has been on cereal going on 2 months and has just recently started baby food. and its advised that babys start solids anywhere from 4-6 months of age. you dont have to wait til 6 months. I started my almost 5 month old on cereal at 3 months, and we started baby food too.
    Leelee1008

Answer by Leelee1008 at 10:55 AM on May. 31, 2011

• I would back off the cereal and try getting her to eat more formula at once..like try 4 oz and see if she waits an extra hour to be hungry again.Once you've mastered that,try for 5 oz,then 6oz every 4 hours.
    When you start adding in cereals & other foods, she should be intaking at the minimum of 24 oz of formula in a 24 hour period in order to grow and thrive. Hope this helps!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:59 AM on May. 31, 2011

• Babies should not have solids of any kind until 6mo.
    Nameismommy

Answer by Nameismommy at 10:42 AM on May. 31, 2011