I've always wondered this. if you have a scheduled c section, what happens to your water?

i'm not pregnant or anything, i was just randomly thinking about it. do they break your water before the surgery? or do the let it break when they cut you open and just let it run all over you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on May. 31, 2011 in Just for Fun

• When they make the incision, they have to cut through the bag of water.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:01 AM on May. 31, 2011

• They pop your water. They don't let it run all over you. Of course, I HAD no water, I was 3 weeks late, overdue as hell! Nothing to pop.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 10:01 AM on May. 31, 2011

• All 3 of mine were c-sections and they did not break my water before hand. (even with my 1st, when I had to go into actual labor, my water never broke). I believe that the water got broken during the surgery and they suctioned it out.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:04 AM on May. 31, 2011

• It breaks with the incision (cut), and it is suctioned out.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:05 AM on May. 31, 2011

• wow OP, who pissed in your cheerios today? it seems every answer that throws in a bit of extra knowledge brings out your inner bitch. why ask if you're going to chew everyone's head off? nobody has said anything rude to you, just informative answers.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:13 AM on May. 31, 2011

• My 1st scheduled csection they let it break when they cut me open. My 2nd scheduled csection I went into labor that morning and my water broke while I was on the table and they were giving me my spinal.

Answer by missanc at 10:01 AM on May. 31, 2011

• I would imagine they break it for you!
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 10:02 AM on May. 31, 2011

• well duh kimberly. even a stupid person would know that. thats why i said " do they let it break when they cut you open and let it run all over you"
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:04 AM on May. 31, 2011

• musicpisces that would have been a perfect answer if you hadn't degraded me by assuming i'm an idiot and didn't know what "incision" means. i'm not an idiot. just a person who's never had or seen a c section
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:09 AM on May. 31, 2011

• LMBO!!!!! Sorry to make it hard for you hun. I guess I just assumed you'd figure it out. They cut into you..where do you think the water goes dear? Of course it pours out. They also have a suction for the blood..did you want to know that too? There are towels there you big dummy.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:17 AM on May. 31, 2011