Would this make you mad? If so, what would you do/say?

OK so my husb & 21 y/o son wanted to stay & play (& drink) some more w/ the guys at our friends cookout/pool party yesterday. I had to get our dau & her friend home cuz its a school day 2day. I agreed to it b/c they told me they were gettin a ride w/ our friends dd who was not drinking. But instead they got a ride w/ a guy who I know was drinkin! Its one thing if you wanna be stupid & get in the car w/ someone who's impaired, but its another to take my son w/ you! What do you think?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on May. 31, 2011 in Relationships

• I would've been LIVID! Yes, your ds IS a grown man, but at 21, he's still going to listen to his dad on something like that... Dad should've set a good example by getting a ride with a sober driver, so ds will do that in the future, when dad's not with him. I'd have a long talk with your dh, and then let HIM explain how it was wrong to ds...
    CeeCee333

Answer by CeeCee333 at 10:23 AM on May. 31, 2011

• I would be mad at both of them but your son is a grown man and at 21, he could have said no to the ride just like your husband
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:18 AM on May. 31, 2011

• Oh yes, I would have been pissed and I would be sure to let hubs know it!! It is one thing for hubs to be stupid (and willingly let someone who had been drinking drive him home) but another to put our sons life at risk! Does not matter that the son is 21- legal adult. I would also ask hubs why he did not ride home with the sober designated driver-- as planned.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:33 AM on May. 31, 2011

• I'd be highly upset. Your DH should be setting an example for the 21 year old.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 10:40 AM on May. 31, 2011

• Your husband should have never got into a car with a drunk driver because anything could have happened...
    shelle21

Answer by shelle21 at 12:58 PM on May. 31, 2011

• They are all adults and I would be mad at them all....
    monshine2

Answer by monshine2 at 1:24 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Believe me laidies, I "expressed" my unhappiness about it last nite- but didnt push the issue due to the state he was in when he came home! Why waste my time-right? But he has an ear full comin- believe me! And believe it or not, he really IS a good guy & 99% of the time I think so anyway. But this time he has it comin! I dont think this'll be a mistake he makes twice! -lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:45 AM on May. 31, 2011