Is it wrong to feel this way?

Well some of you know about my situation with my grandmother. But its getting worse. She is not only rude and evil toward my boyfriend but its starting to affect our relationship and our relationship with each others families. I have tried to get my grandmother to back off and this only seems to fuel her more. Well now hes family is getting pissed that I am not putting a stop to it. They are asking me why i let them get away with this. I've tried to explain that im not that when i do say somthing it just brings more fire on us. And we've been keeping all this wrapped up so that everyone in the surrounding counties doesn't know whats going on in our personal lifes well hes aunt goes on facebook and posted a rant on my profile for everyone to see. I just want this all to stop. Is it wrong to want everyone to back out of our relationship? I am seriously afraid that this might break us if things don't stop and i don't want my child to grow up not knowing his father and me being a single mother.

Vivian0331

Asked by Vivian0331 at 10:19 AM on May. 31, 2011 in Relationships

• I just did a little quick back-reading on your previous questions and just have to say that it seems you need to make a choice here. Your grandmother or your boyfriend. Good luck!
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 10:28 AM on May. 31, 2011

• I know thats what shes wanting to do. I love her and i've told her that but i have more than just her to think about. I got to do whats best for my baby and my baby needs his dad.
    Vivian0331

Comment by Vivian0331 (original poster) at 10:32 AM on May. 31, 2011

• This is the best I can tell you, hon. If you want to visit your grandmother, then do it alone, without the bf. If she starts talking about him, gently tell her that you aren't going to discuss it with her. Then steer the conversation toward something else, something neutral, like her garden, advice about the baby, baby names, etc. You have to realize that it's going to be a constant battle with her about this because she loves you and feels you are making a mistake. As for the rest of the people nagging you, tell them to step off. Block his family from your FB if they can't respect your wishes to keep family matters out of the public eye. If you two are truly going to work on it, he has to distance the naggers in his family as well. Good luck, Hon.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 10:46 AM on May. 31, 2011