What was the hardest thing for your dd or ds to say?

my son is 2 and has an awesome vocabulary and whenhe talks you can understand everything he says he says names and animals and so on but for some reason he cant say "grandma" or "grandpa" what techniques could i use to help him?

goobersmom713

Asked by goobersmom713 at 10:27 AM on May. 31, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter couldn't say grandma for the longest time. When she would mispronounce it we would sound it out really slowly. One day we sat there for 30 minutes sounding out grandma and she finally got it.
    Eisleysmommy27

Answer by Eisleysmommy27 at 10:28 AM on May. 31, 2011

• Break it up and say it slowly. Whenever my son runs his words together I break it up and sound it out, make it sort of a "chant". He has a brother named Michael and sister named Becca - that middle "c" sound has been hard for him to get, so we work on that a lot. He can say it when he slows down, but when he gets excited he still leaves it out - he's 2 1/2.

Answer by missanc at 10:51 AM on May. 31, 2011