What is your best cleaning tip?

What is the cleaning tip that you know about but nobody else does?

Share it with us! It seems like there was a lot of spring cleaning going on over the long holiday weekend, I think we could all use the help!!

dwmom2008

Asked by dwmom2008 at 10:31 AM on May. 31, 2011 in Home & Garden

• My best tip would be to stay on top of it. Keeping my house spotless takes me usually less then an hour a day because i keep up with it, instead of letting things pile up.
    ceciliam

Answer by ceciliam at 10:36 AM on May. 31, 2011

• I have 2 tips. On hard surfaces, Magic Eraser does a great job with tough stains like crayon and pencil. For stains on rugs, Nature's Miracle works wonders. We've had some throw-up stains (both cat and human) on our off-white carpet and Nature's Miracle has taken them out. I also use it as a laundry pre-treater. (If you haven't heard of it, it's in the housebreaking aisle at the pet store.)

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 11:00 AM on May. 31, 2011

• My best tip would be that for stained linoleum due to high traffic areas, use a little water and Comet. It works much better than mopping and gets the grime off. My entryway gets especially bad and this works every time.

Another tip - Krud Kutter is great on microfiber couches/chairs. Just spray, let it sit a couple of minutes, then wipe off with a warm damp cleaning rag. I keep a bucket of warm water nearby to do this. Makes them look new again.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:53 AM on May. 31, 2011

• Let someone else do it! haha :)

LOL..ok..all joking aside...starting from top to bottom.Strip curtains to be washed, Clean windows,walls with a good smelling cleaning agent (I use lemon pinesol) They good smell keeps me going :)
    Walk around with a garbage bag and just toss clutter crap ..even in junk drawers.Go through everything, sort sort sort. Out with the junk..if you havent used it in 2 years..throw it away,give it away or put it in the garage for a yardsale.
    Have fun!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:09 AM on May. 31, 2011

• we use toothpaste to get crayon/marker off walls and orangeglo for great smelling wall cleaner (we have white walls and 4 boys lol)
    ilovemyboys84

Answer by ilovemyboys84 at 12:58 PM on May. 31, 2011

• baking soda
    critter_boo

Answer by critter_boo at 3:56 PM on May. 31, 2011

• My favorite tool is the magic eraser! Its a miracle tool!
    dixiegurl223626

Answer by dixiegurl223626 at 4:45 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Newspaper is great for cleaning windows
    dixiegurl223626

Answer by dixiegurl223626 at 4:46 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Orange oil. It is better than Goo Gone.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 8:00 PM on May. 31, 2011

• hire someone else. They do a much better job than I do :)
    aj23

Answer by aj23 at 11:20 PM on May. 31, 2011