• In the Spotlight:

Why is it?

some questions seem to get unlimited amount of answers and others get one sometimes none?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 10:34 AM on May. 31, 2011 in About CafeMom

• Time of day.
    Level of interest in the topic.
    Wording.
    How many questions are being asked at the same time.

Plus many other factors, I'm sure.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:45 AM on May. 31, 2011

• I guess it depends on the subject of the question, and how many people are interested in that topic. I also think it depends on if the topic is a 'hot button' one or not, ones that can cause controversy (or create drama) seem to gather more answers and attention.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:38 AM on May. 31, 2011

• It probably depends on quite a bit. Time of posting. Who is on when you post. How many other questions are asked immediately after you ask yours. If that question has been asked a million times already (like "Am I pregnant?"). If your question or topic just doesn't interest anyone who is on at that time.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 10:44 AM on May. 31, 2011

• LOL well i got 3 answers so far and asked hours ago. My topic:

Does your SO think he can decorate?

how is that NOT interesting? idk...
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 10:50 AM on May. 31, 2011

• Peoples interest in the subject. Or their knowledge of the subject?  Are you asking about a specific question?

meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:36 AM on May. 31, 2011

• nope just in general I've noticed there are alot of questions(including some of mine) get lost in the shuffle and don't get any(or very few answers
    Christmaslver68

Comment by Christmaslver68 (original poster) at 10:38 AM on May. 31, 2011

• try rewording it with an intriguing question to pull readers in.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:21 AM on May. 31, 2011

• If I have to think about it and word something carefully, I probably won't have time alone to craft a response till night and by then, I've forgotten. Since there are lots of moms here, I'm sure I'm not the only one with that issue.

Same with a long question. If it's a huge-long paragraph with no punctuation or full of misspellings/poor English, it may be too hard to read while listening to Star Wars and helping with homework.

Short questions that anyone can answer in no time are good, especially if they are creative and fun.

"Old" questions asked often get boring.

Also, if something hits areas of expertise, it will do OK- lots want to help with breastfeeding, diet, etc. Not so many on rare diseases or really hard problems. And drama gets interest from some.

Personally, I go with whatever is "recommended" at the bottom of my screen or the front page of an "answers" group. I don't know how questions get there.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 10:15 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Some questions are more entertaining that others ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 11:32 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• + than +
    tasches