Anyone else trying to lose weight?

I was wondering how many of us have the goal to lose weight this year. I stepped on the scale at the beginning of the month and was horrified at the results. I talked to my doctor and he is helping me lose weight. I am on a diabetic diet(1600 calorie--I never eat this much in a day but that is what he started me at) where I keep track of how many calories, carbs and fat I eat in a day; As of May 23 I have lost a total of 30 pounds. I have ALOT more to go but it is a start. So what is your story? How much do you want to loose, and how are you doing it?

I wish everyone luck and hope you all reach your desired weight!! No fad diets, just eating the usual foods but checking portion sizes, weighing and measuring what I eat; I am also trying to increase the fruits/veg/whole grains. I also have to start exercising as well (I am not a very active person) and I know that will help with the weight loss as well as make me feel better. It is a lifestyle and behavior change but I am looking forward to seeing the end results I wish you good luck on your weight loss.

good luck   fingers crossed   treadmill   jumping rope

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 10:47 AM on May. 31, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I'm a type 2 diabetic. In Mid January I started eating healthy again and starting out with simple exercise. Then about 3 months ago I was stuck. The scale wouldn't budge....after another month of trying (2 months ago) I decided to push myself and push through the plateau. I bought the Insanity workout. I'm currently in week 7. In total i'm down 33 pounds....11 of those are since starting Insanity. Also my avatar pic are my before and current with Insanity. In these last 6 and a half weeks i've lost 27 inches off my body!

I have another 30 to lose. I'm adding ChaLean Extreme to my daily routine starting tomorrow. And I will do another round of Insanity when done. I became a beachbody coach and my own weightloss journey helps me help others, which I LOVE. www.FitWithMelissa.com is my blog and info on beachbody site!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:52 AM on May. 31, 2011

• not really. I just ate a cupcake :)
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 11:12 AM on May. 31, 2011

• I am trying to lose two babies worth of bay weight. I want to get back to the size i was for my wedding at least. Tomorrow my friend and I are joining a gym together. Hopefully well stay motivated enough to reach our goals. I want to lose 60 lbs. Lord help me, lol.
    Jaliceawrites

Answer by Jaliceawrites at 10:49 AM on May. 31, 2011

• I've only got about 10 lbs to lose, but it's not going anywhere. I was at my ideal weight last year, but after a short pregnancy at the end of the year (I miscarried), I gained about 8 lbs back again, plus a little more after the pregnancy, and I am having a hell of a time getting it off again! I had an easier time losing 20+ after my son was born!
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 10:58 AM on May. 31, 2011

• I've got 36 pounds left to lose. So far this year I've lost 64. Diet and exercise has really helped me though =)
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 11:01 AM on May. 31, 2011

• I want to losse close to 50lbs. The problem I have is a lot of weight loss supplements help you eat less and I don't over eat, it could be what I eat because I eat what my kids eat, When you have to feed four on a very low budget you can eat as healthy but we don't do bad. My boys usally have cereal and fruit i don't eat breakfast. For lunch it's pretty basic soup or sandwitches, sometimes mac and cheese with tuna. Dinner we alwasy have a meat and vegtable. Sometimes it's chicken nuggets or sloppy joes, baked chicken so I think I do okay there, we rarley eat out..... I am going off my b/c so that may help. I also got a small exercise tramploine, as it's warmer now we will be going to the park swimming and on walks.
    Codragonfly

Answer by Codragonfly at 3:44 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I am also a type 2 diabetic and I'd like to lose 30 lbs.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 4:09 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I amtrying to loose weight too . I hae about 40 to loose and it is coming off but slowly. And congrats to you for loseing 30 lbs that is great. I am doing weight watchers and trying to start exercising. But time is an issue. I got up this morngin early and went walking with the baby before work while husband and the other two kids were still sleeping. So i am going to start trying to dio that. The baby gets up early anyways.
    jaceyrayesmom

Answer by jaceyrayesmom at 9:19 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Rofl @ItsMe89!
    Codragonfly, not to get in your business... But i find that its easier to eat a bunch of small meals through the day to lose weight. Ive had gestational diabtes twice and eating the small meals, carb counting those had me losing immediately. It can be hard to eat healthy ( I know i havent got 2 nickels to rub together) But if you replace fruit and veg for snacks and watch the really carb rich food, youll be amazed.
    Jaliceawrites

Answer by Jaliceawrites at 10:25 AM on Jun. 2, 2011