Anyone else trying to lose weight?

I was wondering how many of us have the goal to lose weight this year. I stepped on the scale at the beginning of the month and was horrified at the results. I talked to my doctor and he is helping me lose weight. I am on a diabetic diet(1600 calorie--I never eat this much in a day but that is what he started me at) where I keep track of how many calories, carbs and fat I eat in a day; As of May 23 I have lost a total of 30 pounds. I have ALOT more to go but it is a start. So what is your story? How much do you want to loose, and how are you doing it?

I wish everyone luck and hope you all reach your desired weight!! No fad diets, just eating the usual foods but checking portion sizes, weighing and measuring what I eat; I am also trying to increase the fruits/veg/whole grains. I also have to start exercising as well (I am not a very active person) and I know that will help with the weight loss as well as make me feel better. It is a lifestyle and behavior change but I am looking forward to seeing the end results I wish you good luck on your weight loss.

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 10:47 AM on May. 31, 2011 in Health

• I got my wake up call at the doctor's office this past week. Seeing the number was almost unbelievable, but then the nurse said it out loud and I thought I was going to die right there! So, I'm on my way, making small changes so they stick, eating smaller portions, drinking less soda and more water, choosing healthier foods. I've also started moving around more- I'm not very active either. Congrats on your accomplishment so far- keep it up!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 12:19 PM on May. 31, 2011

• i had a huge wake up call when my husband came home from down range. Comments my children made and then seeing his physical papers were what hammered it home for me. I weighed more than my husband!! i was soooo not cool with this. So i joined a gym on post and in the last 2 months i have so far lost 54lbs. I am not at my goal weight yet but this is a great start. i have done exercising and changing my eating habits. I am really happy with the results so far and even think that i will hit my goal weight before i expected too. I have seen a huge difference in my self-esteem, confidence and most importantly my waistline!! it feels great!!
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 10:51 AM on May. 31, 2011

• that is a good start lovingmy4babies it is hard and the older you get the harder it is to lose. Good luck
    Christmaslver68

Comment by Christmaslver68 (original poster) at 6:49 AM on Jun. 2, 2011