Anyone else trying to lose weight?

I was wondering how many of us have the goal to lose weight this year. I stepped on the scale at the beginning of the month and was horrified at the results. I talked to my doctor and he is helping me lose weight. I am on a diabetic diet(1600 calorie--I never eat this much in a day but that is what he started me at) where I keep track of how many calories, carbs and fat I eat in a day; As of May 23 I have lost a total of 30 pounds. I have ALOT more to go but it is a start. So what is your story? How much do you want to loose, and how are you doing it?

I wish everyone luck and hope you all reach your desired weight!! No fad diets, just eating the usual foods but checking portion sizes, weighing and measuring what I eat; I am also trying to increase the fruits/veg/whole grains. I also have to start exercising as well (I am not a very active person) and I know that will help with the weight loss as well as make me feel better. It is a lifestyle and behavior change but I am looking forward to seeing the end results I wish you good luck on your weight loss.

good luck  fingers crossed  jumping rope  treadmill

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 10:50 AM on May. 31, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I have 35 lbs to go.. I do good for a couple days then suck =I am beyond stressed right now in about every area of my life :( Great job though 30 lbs is awesome!!!!!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:10 AM on May. 31, 2011

• I need to try, but I honestly am too broke, too depressed, and way too unmotivated...........maybe tomorrow?
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 10:58 AM on May. 31, 2011

• I have been working to loose the baby weight for about a year now. I've gone from 180 (after delivery in april of 2010) to today's weigh in of 138!! Really only 8 more lbs to go, but I also still need to work on fitness and endurance.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 10:58 AM on May. 31, 2011

• Christmaslver68...you should start a group!!
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:00 AM on May. 31, 2011

• I have been working on it since March. I need to lose about 130 lbs total. I am down 10. I have been cutting portion sizes and working out. (it is hard for me to stay motivated, and my emotional eating issues always seem to rear its ugly head) But I at least am hoping to be down 50 by Christmas. I am going to the doctor in June and I want to talk to him about what I should do, I have thyroid issues so I think it makes it hard.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 11:04 AM on May. 31, 2011

• over the past several years I had lost quite a bit of weight due to depression and illness. I was always nauseous and I couldn't eat. i drank a lot of water and started walking. But around Christmas my dr. put me on a medicine that makes me gain weight. So now I'm working out and changing my diet and trying to maintain with hopes of loosing!!
    In fact I just got back from walking 4 miles in the humidity...nice! I'm so tired!
    dcwhite4him

Answer by dcwhite4him at 11:11 AM on May. 31, 2011

• Congrats on losing 30lbs already!!!

I need to lose at least 50 more lbs I have already lost 15lbs since my daughter was born. My hubby bought me a treadmill so I have been using that along with strength training.

treadmill

BlessednHappy

Answer by BlessednHappy at 12:35 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Are you rubbing our faces in it that we all need to drop some weight and you don't???---"I dont need to lose weight, i need to gain weight. Im only 115!!! im all bones except for my stomach that sags bc of pregnancy. But to tone up i play badmittin and volley ball.. would be a great way to loose weight too if u enjoy going outside..
    Anonymous"

We don't need these types of answers either

Christmaslver68

Comment by Christmaslver68 (original poster) at 12:41 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Good luck to all the ones trying to lose weight :) I was to trying to lose a little weight but now mostly just tone everything back up.. I have done pretty good and I'm happy with myself
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 1:53 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I dont need to lose weight, i need to gain weight. Im only 115!!! im all bones except for my stomach that sags bc of pregnancy. But to tone up i play badmittin and volley ball.. would be a great way to loose weight too if u enjoy going outside..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on May. 31, 2011