How do I deal with my son going threw terrible twos?

My son is always screaming and not letting me tell him no. He will not listen to me when i tell him anything. I try to not spank him but its really hard because I get frustrated.

Love_Levi

Asked by Love_Levi at 11:02 AM on May. 31, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Time outs, don't give in... Whatever ommy or daddy says goes, no letting him off the hook. Consistency , take it day by day.......
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:48 AM on May. 31, 2011

• Its all about consistency. If you threaten time out or spaings all the time, but never follow through, of course they wont listen to you. They are calling your bluff. Giving in tell them that if they keep screaming or crying, mommy will eventually give in.
    If you are consistant, you will see a big change. My DD knows that mommy and daddy dont make empty threats, so when we tell her to listen or she will get a time out, or spanking, that girl shapes up pretty fast. She knows we dont joke around, and when she tries to throw a fit, after we earn her, she is immeditely put in time out, until she is done with the fit. She just turned 2. But people always comment on how well she liatens to us, and that is why.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 12:39 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• How do I give a little kid a time out? I feel like when i put him down on the couch he doesn't understand why I have done that.. I tried to spank him and he listens for a little then he goes back to doing what he was doing.
    Love_Levi

Comment by Love_Levi (original poster) at 9:16 AM on Jun. 1, 2011