My daughter hates being in the car. Any advice?

My daughter is 3 months old and hates riding in the car. I have tried a car seat toy and have also attached a crib toy to the back of the seat but does not seem to help. Does anyone else have any advice?

maddiemygirl

Asked by maddiemygirl at 12:02 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think she may eventually outgrow it. Mine went through that about the same age and she liked for me to roll the windows down a little in the back. however, that was in the summer time so I'm not suggesting that now. She also liked the little duck and frog made by Infantino that hangs on the carseat... that was the best money spent to date! Otherwise, you may just have to wait for her to get used to it. I started taking my daughter out in the car almost every day and she got used to it.
    flalbert

Answer by flalbert at 12:08 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I have this baby einstein toy that you hang on the back of the seat for the baby to watch. It has a mirror and lights up and plays music. It works well for us.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 12:11 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• My son also doesn't like being in the car espically if he can't see out the windows. I haven't found much that will help with it just keep trying it every day or getting one of them auto mirrors so that the baby can see themselves.
    My son is almost 8 months old and he still cries sometimes in the car.
    pamsmith34741

Answer by pamsmith34741 at 12:21 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• She'll outgrow it. In the meantime, try singing silly songs to her so she knows you still exist. And don't worry about her screaming. Yes, she is angry. No, you can't do anything about it while you are driving. Do not attempt to reach back and comfort her and try not to let the screaming cause road rage in you. Your job is to get the car from point A to point B safely. Once you are there, you can comfort your baby.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:25 PM on Dec. 9, 2008