Are you going to light up after its all over?

I have been feeling the strongest cravings to smoke while I'm pregnant even though I quit before I got pregnant, I think I might have a celebration smoke after delivery kinda like how some men have a cigar. Move right along if you never smoked.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:03 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• That was my plan too. I quit when I found out I was prego and was just going to have one smoke after to celebrate after. I didn't have one until about 2 months later when I get in a huge fight with my sister and was really stressed out. Now I smoke like a pack a week which is a lot less than I smoked before (over a pack a day).
    Anonymous

• yep, I have felt those cravings too! I just don't want to start smoking all over agian
    Anonymous

• I quit before becoming pregnant and have wondered if I'll have the urge to start again. I'm going to resist, because even though I was a very light smoker (4-5/week), I know it's a very bad habit and really unhealthy for me.
    Anonymous

• I quit two months before I conceived. I had DS in August and had a drag from a friend's smoke a few months afterward. It tasted sooo gross! But then last week I had a HS reunion and I got drunk (I had pumped plenty of milk in advance and DS spent the night at my mother's) and I smoke TWO!!! I have been thinking about them since... I warn you be careful!! To joys of smoking are hard to stay away from!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 12:19 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Don't do it!! You've already gone through the hard part of quitting, don't put yourself through the temptation of having just one and risk getting back into the habit. I was going to have just one when I was stressed out and my oldest was about 3 weeks old, I ended up starting back up and having to quit all over again.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:26 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I smoked about 1/2 pack a day before I got pregnant. During pregnancy EVERYTHING made me barf, including the smell of cigarettes, needless to say I quit without even trying! Two weeks after my daughter was born I was pacing the house, not knowing WHAT I wanted, but there was something! My friend came to the door with a cigarette in her mouth, I snached it away from her and said, "You go on in and take care of the baby, I'm staying out here and having a smoke, I've waited a hella long time for it!" She's like, "yeah, sure, but I'd have given you a full one if you'd just said something before you mugged me!"
    Anonymous

• I wish I coulda got sick from cigarettes or something....I'm 35 wks along and STILL have been unable to quit...Believe me, I've tried and tried. I'm hoping maybe labor will help...? I'm sure they won't let me run outside and smoke, lol. Good luck girl, but if you're able to quit, don't try to plan on picking it back up. If you fall off the wagon, so be it, but don't TRY to pick it back up.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 12:50 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• YUP YUP!!
    AND I WASNT A BIG DRINKER BEFORE BUT NOW I CRAVE A DRINK!
    I WILL BE HAVING A NIGHT TO MYSELF AFTER I HAVE THE BABY.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 1:06 PM on Dec. 9, 2008