Custody documentation

What do YOU document for custody and child support issues?

We have our own system, and we document EVERYTHING, and I do mean EVERYTHING (correspondence, medical/dental care, education, money paid-both court ordered and not, visitations, phone calls, concerns, etc). But I'm curious what others document

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on May. 31, 2011 in General Parenting

• Smart lady. You never know what you may need down the road. I'm fortunate to not have gone through a divorce involving child custody, but you want to keep everything!
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 11:48 AM on May. 31, 2011

• I've never been through a divorce, either, but my DH has. And his ex, well, let's just say the whole "vindictive ex who only cares about money" stereotype seems to have been made after her. lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:49 AM on May. 31, 2011

• I don't document much. I do keep all the crazy/verbally abusive e-mails I've received from my ex (and his sister!) but otherwise I pretty much only keep a text or e-mail until the visit in question has gone according to plan, and then I delete it.

1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 12:42 PM on May. 31, 2011

• See, nothing goes according to plan with my DH's ex. I honestly don't think she has a copy of the orders on hand, because she always says that the papers say one thing, when they don't say anything like it at all! It also doesn't apply to her. lol. She hasn't followed it but maybe 6 times in 6 years...sad really, because SD is the one suffering.

We document everything, especially after she falsely claimed to the court that DH said he was going to kidnap SD, when all he said was he wanted her for a holiday visit (she's never been to our house for Christmas, and DH just wanted a visit during his court ordered time, but she got an emergency order barring that because he had no proof of what he told her on the phone). She claimed he'd kidnap her again less than a year later for his next visit, too!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:01 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Documenting everything is great, having proof of it is even better.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 2:13 PM on May. 31, 2011

• We only document what we have proof of ;)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:34 PM on May. 31, 2011