I NEED TO GET IN SHAPE! ONLY HAVE 6 WEEKS!

Til DH and I are going on holiday, I desperately need to lose about 14lbs baby weight, I've been trying so hard to cut out junk food and do SOME execercise, usually I only eat breakfast and and evening meal, because usually this is all I need. Any tips on how to lose weight quickly? And yes I'm fully aware that dropping weight 'FAST' is not healthy long term, but I just need a head start.

kylie_bob

Asked by kylie_bob at 11:33 AM on May. 31, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• you need to eat More often and smaller portions or your body goes in to storage mode and also your metabolism can't work properly off of only 2 meals.. I picked up the biggest loser 6 week program last night and plan to do that!! good luck!!!!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:36 AM on May. 31, 2011

• Eat more frequently. Eating five to six meals a day that are lower in calories then a real meal will boost your metabolism. Do a little research online and find out how much you need to eat to lose 1-2 pounds a week, and stick to it everyday. If you eat too much one day, eat less to make up for the overeating the day before. I lost 20lbs (15lbs baby weight and 5lbs holiday weight :S) doing this and it worked and stayed off. There is no point in trying to lose 14lbs in 6 weeks. It's possible, but you'll be losing it too quickly to keep it off.
    At best, plan on 2lbs a week (which is the most you should lose in a week and still be healthy) and if you only get 1lb off, then don't despair. That way you could potentially lose about 10lbs...
    If you do plan on exercising, make sure you make up for lost calories and replace any fluids lost. Btw, only drink water and I strongly recommend exercising.
    Flippindadaisie

Answer by Flippindadaisie at 11:43 AM on May. 31, 2011

• Breakfast and lunch are important; for dinner I would suggest something VERY light and not after 6:30 p.m. It takes time for the body to adjust, so you'll feel hungry at first. And move as much as you can: jog, run, push-ups, jump, anything that you can do, but nothing heavy. If you have a pair of jeans in your closet that do not fit you anymore, take them out and display them some place you'll see every time you get out of the shower, etc. And say,"I need to fit again in these pants 'cause I look sexy."
    Eat less, move more, definitely restrain from white bread (gluton) and NO deserts. Keep fruits at hand. Now is the season of apricots....eat the crude ones. C and K vitamins.
    And keep your goal in mind, do not give in to temptations! After a while, your body will be happy you did. :)
    OhBabyMine

Answer by OhBabyMine at 11:47 AM on May. 31, 2011

• You need to eat small healthy snacks every 2-3 hours in between meals to keep your metabolism burning. Drink water and start running...walking.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 11:57 AM on May. 31, 2011

• It sounds like you may not be eating enough. Skipping meals is not a good way to lose weight. Not eating enough slows your metabolism down. it also makes you more susceptible to overindulging when you do eat.

Work back into a balanced schedule that includes three 'meals' and healthy snacks or several min-meals. work out consistently - not hours daily but regularly. Here and there won't do it. find activity in different places. park at the back of parking lots. Dance in the kitchen when the right song comes on -- you get the idea. :)
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 1:39 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Eat Clean....such as in Tosca Reno's Eating Clean books and perhaps try a workout system like Insanity. Insanity is a 60 day program and in the first 6 weeks of it I lost 11 pounds and 27 inches!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:45 PM on May. 31, 2011

• 14 pounds in 6 weeks is totally do-able....especially when you consider 3-4 pounds of it will be water weight..It averages out to about 2lbs a week, which they say is healthy...
    Molly4630

Answer by Molly4630 at 12:57 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• bump

sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 12:18 PM on Jun. 2, 2011