Do you ever ask your man

An important question while he's watching TV, intent, mouth open, drool coming out...and get mad because he can't multitask? I'm planning last minute wedding stuff for tomorrow and he can't help me plan because The Unit is on TV and god forbid he misses a second of it lol.

emmyandlisa

Asked by emmyandlisa at 12:02 PM on May. 31, 2011 in Relationships

• Thats a man for ya :) they are wired differently! Like me...I'm on the internet (3 different sites), cleaning the house, listening to the tv, and thinking about what the hell to make for dinner. I can't get him to think about more than one thing at a time or he gets confused :P
    atoney15

Answer by atoney15 at 12:27 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Yup all the time, I ask him stuff, and even ask at the end, "Where you paying attention?" He says "YES I was!!!"
    Then ask again in 10 mins time, and he's no recolection what so ever of our conversation.
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 12:06 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Yeah Dh will be on the PC and he can't focus on that and listen to me at the same time. I'm long resigned to having to wait for his attention to come to me before stating my question or comment.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 12:06 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Same way in my house if hockey is on the tv, it's annoying, especially when sometimes he pretends he's listening, but you find out later he has no clue.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 12:04 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Well The Unit is an awesome show. I know better than to ask when dh is engrossed in a show or something else.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 12:04 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I don't bother because I know he won't be hearing me, and i hate repeating myself. I usually snatch the remote and turn it off as soon as the commerical comes on just to get 10 seconds of his attention.
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 12:12 PM on May. 31, 2011

• If you can see that your DH is engrossed in another activity, I think the polite thing to do would be to ask him if he could please pause the show so that you could ask him to pay attention to your question. Even though I can multitask pretty well, I don't like it when someone interrupts what I'm doing - whether it's my down-time or I'm in the middle of something really important. It just feels rude when someone does it to me, so I try to be mindful of other's time (even my own DH's). Plus, if what I'm asking is important, I actually do want his full attention so that I get the proper information from him, not something half-assed that he's blurted out in order to make me go away.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 12:14 PM on May. 31, 2011

• How do you pause a show that is on cable tv?
    emmyandlisa

Comment by emmyandlisa (original poster) at 12:16 PM on May. 31, 2011

• We've got DVR - we can pause live TV. It works pretty well. In either case, even if you can't pause the show, I think it's just respectful and polite to wait for his attention rather than assume you can have it at the exact second you wish for it to be there.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 12:20 PM on May. 31, 2011

• YES I swear he is awake and talking to me sometimes and he will talk back and he had NO idea we were talking. It DRIVES ME INSANE!!
    Kelseywith2boys

Answer by Kelseywith2boys at 12:24 PM on May. 31, 2011