S/O of how do I protect my red head. Are they now linking sunscreens to skin cancer?

I had not heard this until her question.

pookiekins34

Asked by pookiekins34 at 12:03 PM on May. 31, 2011 in Health

• ummm damn i hope not.. cuz i am as white as it gets and use that shit like its a religion... my current is a 70spf and i still burn...
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 12:11 PM on May. 31, 2011

• where did you hear this? please send me a link or something. thank you
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 12:04 PM on May. 31, 2011

• yes
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 12:06 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Yes, please! send me a link,I have red hair too!! My sister has brown hair and she tans,but,she was diagnosed with skin cancer on her chest. She had surgery over a week ago. That is all I know.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:07 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I just did a Google search of it and read a few links. I am not convinced and will continue to put sunscreen on myself and my daughter.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 12:08 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Where is the question and where did the information come from?
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:08 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Whether it causes cancer or not, I avoid it (though it wouldn't surprise me if there was a link since the chemicals in sunscreen are so toxic). For me in particular, the chemicals are extremely irritating to my skin and make me break out in terrible hives. Until they make a safe, effective sunscreen (though I do like the Mexitan brand since it's more natural), I'll do my usual of covering up and limiting my sun exposure.
    Anonymous

• Yes they are. Everything gives you cancer. I smiled the other day and got cancer.
    mrsziemann

Answer by mrsziemann at 12:34 PM on May. 31, 2011

• That link with the link to the searchable database was interesting. I use Kiss My Face sunscreen on my kids every morning. (One redhead, one blond).
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:52 PM on May. 31, 2011

• lambda I am going off what I read in the question "How do I protect my redhead". The skin cancer thing is new to me.
    pookiekins34

Comment by pookiekins34 (original poster) at 12:05 PM on May. 31, 2011