10 week old loss of appetite

I've been really worried about my 10 week old son he hasn't been hungry all weekend. He has had no fever and had been happy, sleeping normal, and had normal poops. Every morning he eats normal (6 oz every 3-4 hours) then at the next two feeding he has only had about 2 oz then 3oz at most for the rest of the day(normal amount of spit up). Is this normal? Do babies just sometimes not get hungry? I was thinking about calling his doctor today...Do you think I need to?I know he's not dehydrated because he's having plenty of wet diapers and he is still eating just not as much as normal. Also I tried changing his formula (to the sensitive tummies kind) last night to see if that was the problem and so far it's the same.

Kelseywith2boys

Asked by Kelseywith2boys at 12:06 PM on May. 31, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• if he's eating something he's fine..babies don't need much ...if his amount of wet diapers and poopy siapers has not changed i wouldn;t worry about.
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 12:10 PM on May. 31, 2011

• If there's one thing I've learned in two years of parenting, it's that kids go through growth spurts where they'll eat everything and anything, and sometimes, they just don't want to eat. Doctors aren't concerned until they are having fewer wet diapers.. and you shouldn't be either.
    Flippindadaisie

Answer by Flippindadaisie at 12:10 PM on May. 31, 2011

• funny question, my son is going through the same thing at 9 weeks old. he was very scheduled taking 5 oz every 3-4 hrs and the past few days he was only taking 3 oz or 2 oz at a time... however he was going the whole 3 or 4 hr span still. i agree, it is most likely a growth spurt! good luck :)
    Mommytobe618

Answer by Mommytobe618 at 9:35 PM on May. 31, 2011