Should a woman be allowed to be a preacher?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 12:27 PM on May. 31, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• YES!
    SouthernMama08

Answer by SouthernMama08 at 12:28 PM on May. 31, 2011

• yes
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 12:28 PM on May. 31, 2011

• We are all commanded to preach the Word of God. So women can preach the Word. The Bible distinguishes between preachers and pastors. Pastors are to be male, according to the Bible.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 12:32 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I remember during bible study one time, we were studying 1 Timothy 2:12: But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

The 'teacher' told me that because of what Paul says, he would rather have a homeless, drunk man off the street come in to teach Sunday School to adults than for a woman to do it. I was appalled of course and asked why. He said because a man cannot control his sexual thoughts about women and that the men in the class would not be able to concentrate on the lesson because he'd be thinking naughty things about the woman teaching.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 12:35 PM on May. 31, 2011

• So in other words woman are to sit there, shut up and not be in a position of authority because a man can't control his dirty mind or his penis. It's all OUR fault you know...

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 12:36 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I hope so, since the church I go to has a great woman pastor.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 12:36 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I don't see a problem with it but to some it is said that they should remain silent
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 12:44 PM on May. 31, 2011

• yes
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 12:53 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Yes, What would the harm be in females giving people hope, a chance at a better life and an opportunity to find true love....
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 12:53 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Jesus said in matthew 24. To go on to all and preach the gospel. It didnt say men only. Sorry but women are as well allowed to teach b a pastor all in all. Sorry but men are not doing it. So wat does God do he lifts up a women to do. We can do all through Christ that strenght us.
    Autiziumom

Answer by Autiziumom at 12:59 PM on May. 31, 2011