this is my 2nd child, i'm 35 weeks & i'm dilated to a 1. will i have my baby soon?

MARJIC

Asked by MARJIC at 12:09 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• The only thing I can promise... you'll have the baby sometime in the next 7 weeks.

Yes, second babies usually come a little before the due date. But not always.
    And as you probably know, you can walk around partly dialated for weeks and weeks. I was not quite 2 cm for 5 weeks before my daughter came.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:14 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I was 2cm 50% for 2 months. It could be a long time or it could be really quick. good luck
    duckey060504

Answer by duckey060504 at 12:23 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Probably and hopefully not. Baby's lungs aren't ready yet. I started dialating near the beginning of the last trimester with all of mine and went to 40+ weeks.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:24 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Not necessarily. I was diliated to 2 for the last two months had to be induced
    ronronsbeauty

Answer by ronronsbeauty at 12:26 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I was dilated to 4 centimeters for the last 3 weeks of my second pregnancy.... totally stunk expecially since I was 9 days overdue when I finally delivered.... good luck though!
    kryssie78

Answer by kryssie78 at 1:01 PM on Dec. 9, 2008