• In the Spotlight:

Where does it say in the bible that we should celebrate Christmas?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 12:33 PM on May. 31, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't think it does. I think we made it a ceremonious thing ourselves, like giving gifts the way the kings did. I don't think anywhere it actually states to celebrate as a command. And I think the tree thing came from another country's tradition. That's my guess, I admit I don't know the facts.
    Aneya

Answer by Aneya at 12:36 PM on May. 31, 2011

• it doesn't

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:37 PM on May. 31, 2011

• It doesn't. It just became a custom. We don't even know that Jesus was born around that time either. Does it mean you shouldn't? Nope. You can do a tradition if you please but I think it is important to understand the truth and the history and that is is nothing more than a tradition
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 12:42 PM on May. 31, 2011

• It doesn't. Doesn't negate the holiday, though. ;)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 12:53 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Nope, not there.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:10 PM on May. 31, 2011

• It doesn't, but why would it need to be in the Bible for me to celebrate it if I want to?

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 1:18 PM on May. 31, 2011

• it doesnt...it also doesnt say anything about brushing your teeth or driving a car, but i do both anyways.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:29 PM on May. 31, 2011

• It doesnt. Christ never asked to be honored and have a day set aside to celebrate his birthday.

That was a man-made event to help the church with its followers and those they wanted to have follow them.

Pretty everyone knows this and knows where most of the holidays customs stemmed from. Definately not something you'll find in the Bible.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:53 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Actually, the date of Christmas and its traditions all came from Catholicism and they got it from Paganism. We should celebrate the birth of Christ everyday, not just one day a year. The Christmas tree is a pagan tradition also. It's perfectly fine to celebrate Christmas, but its not a biblical command.
    mckennamcs_mom

Answer by mckennamcs_mom at 2:50 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Not in there ... it was created by one of the early Popes to helps those horrible Roman pagans convert to Christianity. But if you want to celebrate it as the birth of Christ, I see no reason why you shouldn't.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 2:52 PM on May. 31, 2011